1990 BMW 325i Baur Cabriolet Auto12month MOT £1000 (see below)

scooters

Oioi,

too many cars so I have decided to move o  the 1990 BMW Baur Cabriolet. This car is currently at Bavarian Retro in Hamilton where it will be getting its MOT in the next few days.

You may already know the history of this car. I bought it about 2 years ago, used it until November 2012 and then took it off the road until the spring. March 2013, driving it on the M8 during an 'Italian Tune Up' I blew the engine up.

May 2013 shipped to Boyd Beattie at Bavarian Retro where the following work was carried out:

- 323 engine replaced with good 325i engine with top end rebuild

- good conditin sport black leather interior fitted

- uncracked dash fitted

- new heater control valve

- new gear selector gaiter

- period stereo

- service lights batteries sorted

- new standard shocks fitted all round

- bMW sport wheels fitted with good tyres.

Cost for all of this was well over £1500

Boyd is nearing completion on the car - I need to raise some readies this summer so I'm offering it to members of Autoshite for the bargainlicious £1000.

Roof good - body good, some lacquer peel. Car is a flippin bargain at this price HOWEVER, there will be a few bob still to pay Boyd, I have asked him for the balance, I suspect it is around £200-300. Still even at this it remains an excellent buy.

Here is a photo prior to the work being carried out

KGrHqZrYE-TwDZF8BQDbsSscYg60_12.jpg

some - sadly missing quite a few of the innards since the work has been done - 

no visible or otherwise corrosion on this car

T2eC16hHJGE9nm3sBltBQDcIBw0Dg60_12.jpg

This is the old interior - a lux black leather one - the car now has the black leather sports interior

KGrHqNh0E0rwvklUBQDbtM78p60_12.jpg

old pic - now on sports wheels and with a new set of stock shocks

KGrHqJjEEiQw5BgBQDbuIqCgw60_12.jpg

sadly, can't take any more ones as car is 120 miles away from the new Scooters Towers

yes - I liked the original interior - only it was originally grey and someone had died it black and made a right arse of it

I also like thie original wheels but they were losig air on the rims and no amount of polishing or grinding was working

Guest Breadvan72

Just a matter of curioiity:  was that 323 the original engine?  I am no BMW boffin, but did not realise that the 323i engine was around in 1990  (which is getting towards the end of E30 era).  I thought that after having it in the earlier E30s BMW biffed it for a while and then brought it back later in the jelly mould shaped successors to the E30.    IIRC when I bought a 325i in 1989 there were only 325s and 320s if you wanted six cylinders (or is this a four cylinder?).    Was this a Baur thing?  Apols for my iggerance, I is needz knollidge.

Ace car, have emailed link to my friend wot haz BMW luv.  GLWTS. 

I've asked Boyd for an estimate on final price.

- Yes you are right - it was a 320 engine not a 323 - the 323 was no longer made by 1990 - excuse confusion. 

The 2.0l six had the same fuel consumption to the 2.5 with 40 less horses - hence the upgrade to the 2.5, 

Guest Breadvan72

They carried on making them with the blobby Beemers as well, I gather, though I had never seen any Baur later than a late 80s one before seeing the pics above.