Stasi/Berlin Wall/Checkpoint Charlie/Communist/Duroplast TRABANT!!!!

purplebargeken

Yes, a genuwine Trabant. It is in Communist Misery Beige with matching beige-orangey sofa like cloth interior.

It is taxed and MOT'd - full details to follow. It is a C plate car that runs really well for a Trabi, I had a go of it, the first time ever in a Trabant I might add, oh what a total hoot! The 4 speed column mounted change is pretty good once you get the hang of it and it really does nip along quite nicely. A Daf 33 will have the slight edge on top speed, but not by much.

Body condition is good but not concourse, some stone chips and small scrapes here and there but well within DIY territory.

It is owned by a good mate of mine who has owned these fun cars previously. He bought it on a whim but has now seen a honey of a Saab 96 that he wants to buy for his wife. Forgot to add that the car comes with some spares that includes a new exhaust system. They have a neat mechanism at the bottom of the headlights, you flick a little lever that changes it from LHD lights to RHD lights. Very cool!

He is after £1200 for the Trabi but is open to close'ish offers. Piccies to follow.

I did attempt to take some arty* angled pics but seem to have failed miserably. Perhaps it was some secret DDR technology. Who knows. The fabulous little Trabi is located in Essex, and as mentioned, is fully road legal, so view, buy and ring-ding-a-ding away.

081_zpsf4b5a6b1.jpg

029_zps1582365b.jpg

023_zpsff314ca1.jpg

008_zps27801ea4.jpg

059_zps4297f277.jpg

009_zps839cda6d.jpg

035_zps3eb70bfb.jpg

*laughing too much to post in character.

Bring on bitch! I fuk up your plough then u skrewd, I steel ur donkee and marry it to cusin. Then you die ov too much hunger to walk 100Km to local party bastrad. Ur to por to even have pig. U just have picture of pig that is shit drawing dun by soon to be mine donkee. Ha.

Anyway, would anyone like to purchase a rather lovely Trabant. Please enquire via the usual methods. 

You don't need to wait 10 years like my East German brethren, you can have it now! It even has dealer fitted wind break thingies fitted to the side of the doors. 

Many thanks

:) :)

Swaps for the above items if they are as follows:

Levi jeans: original item first produced by Mr. Levi within a week of him being in business.

Marlborough cigarettes: signed by the original Marlborough Man and dedicated to his best friend, Flossie the Sheep, yours 4evah Mr. Marlborough Man.

Elton John LP....... oh just take the bloody Trabi. I do not want to even consider having an Elton John LP in any way, shape or form.

C'mon MO, you know this Trabi has your name ALL over it.

You really must stop doing that to cars, some would consider it a petty act of vandalism. It takes ages to get felt tip pen off car paintwork. Sheesh.

It is better to seek forgiveness aferwards than to seek permission before hand.

It could be written in the stars - you are the perfect person for this piece of east german mechanical excellence. You really are. Honestly, you are. Really, really, really.

just buy the buggering thing so as to end the tyranny of having to type endless potentially amusing drivel.

It has been a long day already in the mental health world.

• 4 weeks later...

Had one '99 - '05.

Would never,ever have another!

But like chap says, column change is great fun

and when freshly lubricated you really can change gear with just the tip of your index finger.

Hooter and heater were good too.

And the fuel flow meter kept me amused....