Austin Allegro 1.3 sdl

DodgyBastard

Nice that you have a replacement outer wing, but did you do anything about the crumbly inner wing?

The outer wing is just sitting in place, there is metal on the underside that I can squirt some mig onto and fashion something out of poundland baking trays or something...

Now the question is? Do I paint the wing in the original colour and restore the car or do I do my usual and fuck it up making it completely worthless in the process?

I know which one I'd rather do...

Also I got the car for absolutely nothing so I won't feel guilty about the latter.

Had a Gr9 weekend driving around in this fine motorveehicle... It's not actually that bad to drive either. 

14757920301_bed5821eae_z.jpgDSC_1811 by srblythe, on Flickr

Top speed of 60mph, shit brakes...

Turns out the clutch hose was leaking so I bought a brake hose and welded the original fittings to suit, it seems good and no more loss of fluid. 

Found the fuel line was leaking, wasted around 6 litres of petrol after it pissed out everywhere and only noticed it when I got home. It was a loose jubilee clip on what might have been  the fuel pump, tightened it up and it's ok.

I've driven just over 100 miles and only been laughed at once...