1978 Rover 3500 SD1 V8 Manual – Series 1 £850

philibusmo

This is a bit of a bargain. I am almost hoping that I can't get the Audi running (its still not starting even with its new ECU according to Volksworks) as I will then be able to break it and buy something new. Not that I can afford anything new but I will have an excuse to get into a bit more debt as will need* another car. Obvioulsy there will be nothing I want for sale by then though.

*don't really need

*EDIT* and how much would it be to spray that bonnet? Can't be more that £150 tops that can it? Its not metallic or owt is it? Thats just a few nights down the pub in a month that.

Guest Breadvan72

It's not a mega project, I agree, but I already have one car that needs significant cosmetic work, and another that needs minor cosmetic work, so while the SD1 is bargalicious I can't take on even a mini projectette just now.  Alas, because an early one in that colour with those wheels is right up my alley.  Maybe I will get my chance with this one next time around. 

Guest Breadvan72

That would be me.  Even if it is still in need of paint etc then, I will have more physical space, more head space, extra funds etc.  I may even have a garage by then.  

Surprised it's not gone to be honest. A V8 with manual box for less than a grand.

This would compliment my VDP EFi nicely, however my other half would see her arse if I tipped up in this.

Surprised it's not gone to be honest. A V8 with manual box for less than a grand.

This would compliment my VDP EFi nicely, however my other half would see her arse if I tipped up in this.

I'm sorry about this ,but that comment has started me thinking in a 'Rita , Sue and Bob too' direction. I presume it's not a good thing and nothing like I'm thinking.

Guest Breadvan72

Temptation removed. Thank you.

Did a shiter buy it?

I might have to arm wrestle BV for this when it next comes up.

I can't do arm wrestling because, quite apart from being Mac the skinny dude from the Charles Atlas ads in old comics  I don't want people to see my embarrassing tats.  We need to devise some suitably shite way of resolving such disputes.  Maybe a grudge match on an Atari version of Pac Man or some other shite 80s video game.  

I can't do arm wrestling because, quite apart fpom being Mac the skinny dude from the Charles Atlas ads in old comics I don't want people to see my embarrasing tats. We need to devise some suitably shite way of resolving such disputes. Maybe a grudge match on an Atari version of Pac Man or some other shite 80s video game.

post-5582-0-71155800-1403552360_thumb.jpg

Guest Breadvan72

Shite Tracker System activated: where, who etc?   (if you are at liberty to say)

Is he/she buying to keep or to do up and sell?