Lewis

Jason A

I thought he had fluffed it again when Vettel went past and threw my toys out of the pram (well my hat across the room).Getting it on the 2nd to last corner was bloody crazy. Did feel very sorry for Massa though. He looked so gutted. Although it was funny seeing the celebrations in the Ferrari garage come to an abrupt end.

Both Toyotas were on dry tyres so lost a lot of time in the last lap. Don't think there was anything fishy going.Lewis was very lucky though with the Toyota tyre situation but thoroughly deserves the championship.Really do feel sorry for Massa though as he has driven very well this season and would have been an equally fitting champion.

Glock dropped 18 seconds on that lap -enabling Lewis to pass him with 5 secs to spare. 18 seconds? We're not talking collusion are we? Job next year? Bung? Helping a mate?

My thoughts exactly. Very odd. Sure Glock would have been losing grip, but not to that extent. I'll wager there was some big money deals going down in the pits in the last few laps. In addition, Hamilton is a tax exile in Switzerland, so in my book no longer counts as 'British'. :twisted:

I opened this thread expecting to find some spots from Lewis in the utter Hebrides! Oh well, here's some of mine, these in a wet 2005:

Brown cav on Lewis:

Posted Image

Biege Cav:

Posted Image

SRi Cav:

Posted Image

Finally my Metro from 2004:

Posted Image

That's better, some shite on the thread!

Glad its not just me. Be interesting to see where Glock ends next year.Looking at the numbers- no one else dropped 18 secs in the last 3 laps -his tyres must just have been wetter than everyone else's.They were competitors in a previous Formula -and friends I believe?But -we'll never know -so it doesnt matter. British? by birth perhaps -but hardly a UK resident now -or taxpayer for that matter. But good luck to him -I just think he was ''damn lucky''

As already said, both Toyotas that stayed out on dry tyres posted near identical 1 min 44 sec last laps......A car on inters would go past it like it was standing still if the conditions were too wet. Just look at the last laps from Belgium for the guys that stopped for wets. I think Heidfeld jumped from 15th to 5th or something like that.It could have gone the other way and stayed dryer, then it would have been Massa's championship, thats the way the cookie crumbles.

I actually like the guy (not that I know him, but you know what I mean!!) and think he thoroughly deserves the championship. After some VERY iffy stewarding decisions which I'm convinced were aimed at robbing him of the title, I wouldn't blame him or the team if a favour was called in. Have to admit though, if I were Massa, I'd be considering demanding an investigation.

Its my opinion that he only won due to having the best/fastest car.

I take it you didn't see his outstanding drive at Silverstone this year then??Or his season in GP2 where he was again the class of the field?And you do realise Kovalainen drives an identical car?Lewis thoroughly deserved this championship, he also should have won it last year if it wasn't for the Bernie Button on his gearbox at Brazil.

Glock dropped 18 seconds on that lap -enabling Lewis to pass him with 5 secs to spare. 18 seconds? We're not talking collusion are we? Job next year? Bung? Helping a mate?

My thoughts exactly. Very odd. Sure Glock would have been losing grip, but not to that extent. I'll wager there was some big money deals going down in the pits in the last few laps. In addition, Hamilton is a tax exile in Switzerland, so in my book no longer counts as 'British'. :twisted:
If Glock had wanted to hand the title over he could have just pitted and changed his tyres on any lap in the last 5 and Lewis would have immediately gone up a place. At first i thought the same, but then i saw Glock snaking around whilst trying to accelerate after going round the corner onto the pit straight (curve) and you could see he had no control of the car. did make for some very good telly though.

In addition, Hamilton is a tax exile in Switzerland, so in my book no longer counts as 'British'. :twisted:

I know what you mean, but are you telling us you wouldn't do the same if you were ever lucky enough to earn that sort of money? I'm bloody sure I would!! :lol:

Its my opinion that he only won due to having the best/fastest car.

I take it you didn't see his outstanding drive at Silverstone this year then??Or his season in GP2 where he was again the class of the field?And you do realise Kovalainen drives an identical car?Lewis thoroughly deserved this championship, he also should have won it last year if it wasn't for the Bernie Button on his gearbox at Brazil.
Ive seen enough to know that im not impressed with his driving or his attitude and the whole 'I am' thing hes got going on. Thoroughly un-deserved.

Cant stand Lewis Hamilton im affraid. Arrogant, and not half the driver Schumacher was. Its my opinion that he only won due to having the best/fastest car.

Utter crap. You clearly know nothing about Formula One. Are you saying then that you could go out a pull off a stunning performance just because you have a decent car? Besides, I think you'll find that Ferrari had the fastest car in most of the races.

Me too, they take enough off the everyman, can you imagine giving away nearly half your income to fund more politicians holiday homes & house refurbs?

Umm, I probably already do. Or I did, had a lean year this last 12 months (& it's getting worse).When you add up the income tax (20% or whatever it is on the £10K > £40, 40% on everything over £40 large or however the heck it works, I dunno! WELFARE!!!???)... then VAT you are paying on most stuff, and the duty on your fuel, bensons & old speckled hen... and your council tax... and... and.... It's pretty grim when you think about it. But no, you'd not get me running off to Switzerland if I had a few squid in the bank. And for all the grief they get, it's not a terrible show. OK, so the roads are crap and you get MRSA if you ever need to go to hospital, but if you suddenly decide to jack it all in and become an itinerant theiving crack whore then the state will sure as heck look after you. Oh... hang on a minute.....I am actually contemplating an 'offshore' job at present to see us through these dark days... £60k tax free plus perks in sunny abu dhabi is looking increasingly tempting.

I am actually contemplating an 'offshore' job at present to see us through these dark days... £60k tax free plus perks in sunny abu dhabi is looking increasingly tempting.

Did i not read on here that they are banning all cars over 10 years old over there? Worked it out the other year that you get taxed on your NI. I mean WTF? How is that fair? Then you are taxed on everything you buy. Not fair. Stop lining the governments pockets by only buying stolen goods. :)

...some VERY iffy stewarding decisions which I'm convinced were aimed at robbing him of the title.

I reckon the stewards' rulings were to prolong the championship battle to the end of the season - in fact Bernie joked about this on the grid before the race. Old Bernard Charles Ecclestone isn't as daft as he looks; I'm sure he knew that McLaren and Lewis would pull it off, and he knew that this result would be GR8 4 F1.

On a lighter note...

Posted Image

That^ rulz.

...that shot of the Ferrari crew as Massa crossed the line... They thought he'd got it, then they saw LH come home... classic :D

Retro, that sig is ace 4 this thread so I copied here... don't delete it from your photobucket when you change your sig, will you?! LOLZ :lol:

Yeh, it is funny isn't it!Did feel sorry for Massa too though, he has driven very well in a few races this year and had some bad luck. He also had good luck by not having points deducted and not getting penalties when he should have.Pog, understand what you are saying but I think the extremely high salaries these people get means they can live anywhere without it really affecting their lives.Private jets to get anywhere, posh cars in every place they have a house etc etc. It's a bit different to earning £70-100k.Although I earn a big fat zero at the moment and I've never been happier!

Private jets to get anywhere, posh cars in every place they have a house etc etc. It's a bit different to earning £70-100k.

Not to mention having the most stunning of The Pussycat Dolls as your girlfriend!! :lol: Lewis is a lucky boy in many ways, but also very talented. I think it's unfair to confuse his confidence with arrogance, he's always struck me as quite humble, and very aware of his good fortune. As good as Schuey? Only time will tell, but he's looking good so far!!

[When you add up the income tax (20% or whatever it is on the £10K > £40, 40% on everything over £40 large or however the heck it works, I dunno! WELFARE!!!???)... then VAT you are paying on most stuff, and the duty on your fuel, bensons & old speckled hen... and your council tax... and... and.... It's pretty grim when you think about it.I am actually contemplating an 'offshore' job at present to see us through these dark days... £60k tax free plus perks in sunny abu dhabi is looking increasingly tempting.

I could explain how it all works, but it would probably put you to sleep. But you're not far off on your calcs.I reckon Middle East jobs are the way to go in the building trade to ride out any recession, plus you can always take up that strangely compelling FWD DRIFTIN in a Camry or something, like you see on YouTube all the time.Hamilton probably does deserve the championship on balance; it was an odd race in many ways. I don't find him arrogant on the track, but I did think he skated close to the line in the court proceedings earlier in the year, when under cross-examination.

Cant stand Lewis Hamilton im affraid. Arrogant, and not half the driver Schumacher was. Its my opinion that he only won due to having the best/fastest car.

Are we talking about the same Lewis Hamilton - the racing driver?I always get the impression he's a very down to earth easy going bloke.

I am actually contemplating an 'offshore' job at present to see us through these dark days... £60k tax free plus perks in sunny abu dhabi is looking increasingly tempting.

I've been out of the Euro-system for the past 13 years (currently in it unfortunately) and for my money the middle east isn't the place to be really. You get much better rates elsewhere and at the same time (IMNSHO) you are not progressing a fascist mindset society either :wink:

A nice job in South East Asia will be far better for your sanity (and humanity) at the end of the day :D