Nissan Sunny transportation device £550

filthyjohn

I can't even afford to run a car at the moment so I'm selling my only means of transport that isn't a pedal bike.

It's a 1987 Nissan Sunny that once belonged to Barry Shitpeas of this very cyber-whereabouts.

STATS TIME

Engine: The mighty* Nissan E13! One cam! 8 valves! One carb! 60 horses!

It has covered 58527.6 miles but I might do a few more before it goes.

Taxed until September 2014, only £125 a year!

MOT'd until January 13th 2015!

It is currently positioned in Sunderland SR5, (Which is a place in the North East which is not as famous as Newcastle or Durham)

Special autoshiters' discount price of OMG £550. I have it advertised elsewhere for more, but I'm prepared to incentivise* the purchase price if necessary.

PM on here please, I'll give my number out if you're interested.

Pics:

post-17668-0-85012300-1402771972_thumb.jpg

post-17668-0-00511300-1402771966_thumb.jpg

post-17668-0-31778400-1402771978_thumb.jpg

post-17668-0-65646500-1402771989_thumb.jpg

post-17668-0-57220800-1402771985_thumb.jpg

It will come on the original wheels but if you like the slotmags we can talk. Has a Volvo 940 splitter fitted and an air filter mod that makes it sound a lot less asthmatic.  

Hi John,

What is the spec of the slotmags? They would look well phitt* on my Almera, should they fit, and I might be able to give you ca$$$h moneyzz for them, unless the buyer of the Sunny wants them, or you have interest from elsewhere.

Thanks in advance!

They're 14x6 (I think 6). They're original wolfrace ones from way back. They have a big enough centre bore for a nissan (one of the biggest 4x100 CBs at 59mm), but they also need a 30 degree taper nut, instead of the usual 60 degree.
I've gotten round this by using period-correct taper adapter washers, which work fine but they mean the nuts don't go on very far, I've been checking the nut torque every couple of days but the ideal solution would be new nuts.

All that said, I'm up for selling them whatever happens, but will give the buyer a chance to take them with the car first, as I think they suit it loads. I'll bear you in mind first if I split though.

If there's no interest I'll have to hang onto it. Might be the possibility of a new job so that would take the pressure off. My storage area is nearly at critical mass, got ELEVEN cars right now and only the sunny is on the road.

I did recently get my late dad's P5 running, but that's hardly realistic. Might have an MGBGT for sale but it needs work and it's a bit buried.

Yeah, my manta had similar sleeve nuts but I couldn't use them because they're a different pitch to the sunny. I harvested the 30-60deg washers and fitted them between the wheels and the standard nuts.

FWIW, I already knew which nuts to buy, but if I could afford £48 for nuts I could probably afford to keep the car, or at least put some tyres on the 13s.

Wasn't this Barry's at one stage?

Yes it was.

And it had quite a bit done in my stewardship.

Cam belt kit, general service inc all filters (even fuel!!), coolant, thermostat, John renewed all the suspension too.

I have 4 good 13inch tyres s in the yard if anyone wants them for free. Mind, theyve sat in the rain for about 2 years, so not sure how safe theyd be. Probably VERY!!

I'm actually properly fond of this thing. If I can find any other monetary solution I'll be keeping it. It'd be a bit loopy to get rid of a car that's so cheap to run, but notwithstanding that stuff I'll still ca$h out if there's a good enough offer.

I'm going to have to revoke the offer for the wheels I'm afraid John, severe - bordering on terminal - failure to proceed means I have more pressing things to spend my pocket money on than nice wheels for the Almera.

Sorry!