FOR SALE: Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5V6, low mileage

Wilko220

Due to that fateful combination of too many cars, not enough money and an insufficiently understanding wife/partner, the time has come for me to offer my beloved 75 for sale. 

As many have said on here before, these things are sure-fire future classics. The only problem is, they're not all that cheap to run while you're waiting for that day to come at some unspecified point in time.

TEH FACTS:

• Rover 75 Connoisseur SE
  • 2001 / 51 Reg
  • 2.5 V6 petrol
  • Automatic transmission with standard, sport and ice modes
  • MOT until 23 Dec 2014
  • TAX until May 2015
  • 65,300 miles
  • Two owners from new
  • Royal Blue with cream leather interior
  • Features include digital climate control, cruise control, 6 CD auto-changer, heated electric seats, parking sensors, dashboard computer

TEH GOOD POINTS

• Full service history, bills and original sale documents
  • Passed last MOT with no advisories and has covered less than 2,000 miles since
  • Two new tyres fitted 3,000 miles ago
  • Brake pipes all renewed about 18 months ago
  • Everything works
  • No sign of HGF
  • No smokers, no pets
  • Correct shape rear number plate
  • Drives like an absolute beast

TEH BAD POINTS

• Has bumps and scrapes commensurate with age (although looks generally presentable)
  • Due a service
  • Due a cambelt change
  • Interior lining is coming away a bit on passenger side front pillar (not a problem unless you're a perfectionist)
  • The 17" 'Meteor' alloy wheels are in need of refurbishment
  • A bit of rust on the sills
  • The dashboard computer display has a few lines out (but is still readable)
  • Doesn't run on veg oil

TEH PRICE

• Happy to receive robustly honest feedback if deserved but, taking into account the tax remaining on it (which is worth more than £200), my initial suggestion of a fair price is £750.

TEH PICS

DSCF0430.JPG

DSCF0431.JPG

DSCF0432.JPG

DSCF0433.JPG

DSCF0434.JPG

DSCF0435.JPG

DSCF0441.JPG

DSCF0442.JPG

DSCF0436.JPG

DSCF0437.JPG

DSCF0440.JPG

DSCF0439.JPG

If anyone wants any more info or additional pictures / close-ups of anything then just let me know.

If you'd like to have a look / drive to help you decide whether you want it, that's absolutely fine. NO DREAMERS THO.

The car is located in Hertfordshire, close to the A1, M1, M25 and Midland Main Line.

Thx for the nice comments...

Based on info from previous owner, I understand the belts were done according to service schedule when it was six years old, but not since.

MGR's recommendation was for changes every six years or 90,000 miles.

PBK and I have communicated. But the offer of a cup of tea and the opportunity to experience the relaxation of a recline in the 75's sumptuous leather driver's seat, is extended to any established member of the AS massive.

Just dusted the cobwebs off my AROnline log-in to cross post this over there - so I await the stampede of interest from Rover nuttars...

Just sent a private message to bm55 in the West Highlands of Scotland, about my 'Vague' transportation Offer.  Anyone live in The Northwest of England that travels NORTH at all ? Otherwise I could leave it in Runcorn Station Car park with a key in the ignition and a car parking ticket, and anyone that is prepared to pay the weeks parking can take it North for him.