Modern banger racing

sierraman

Nothing is too rotten, or too nice to race.

This raced once, got bought up after the race.

New owner straightened it a little and was subsequently turned away at the gate because not enough of the top was attached to the bottom.

minx2.jpg

minx6.jpg

--Phil

I've read that those Imperials have a "full circle" chassis rather than a normal chassis thats open at the front and rear.

They also have the thickest sheetmetal ever used in automotive history.

1957-66 Imperials would outlast anything in a DD if they were allowed.

It won't be long until they get banned from the banger circuits, too.

NORTHERN Massivve >> thoughts.

Anyone passing often across from Hexham to Penrith, via Hartside... there's a garage out in the sticks which always has fiesta/toyyo type thinngies on its forecourt... vivid oranges, violets, yellow, red... etc. Just outside Langwathby.

look like grasstrack cars.....

Anyone know owt??

TS

• 1 month later...

Today, I found this rather interesting article on CCFS:

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/news/general/800023822/police-to-check-for-stolen-classics-at-banger-races/

Although I generally agree with the concept, there is one thing I find rather disturbing:

In addition, banger racers would not only be prosecuted, but have their roll cages and other equipment used for the sport confiscated.

Which amounts to compulsory expropriation. On which legislative basis? Has the implementation of the fascist agenda finally been completed?

When will they come and confiscate the equipment I use for tinkering with my cars, and my spares collection, because I entered a low emissions zone?

Today, I found this rather interesting article on CCFS:

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/news/general/800023822/police-to-check-for-stolen-classics-at-banger-races/

Although I generally agree with the concept, there is one thing I find rather disturbing:

Which amounts to compulsory expropriation. On which legislative basis? Has the implementation of the fascist agenda finally been completed?

When will they come and confiscate the equipment I use for tinkering with my cars, and my spares collection, because I entered a low emissions zone?

On a purely legislative level I suppose its on par with me stealing a car, sticking an expensive stereo in it and expecting to get it back when I got rumbled...Then, again I also suppose that the poor bloke who gets his Cambridge back minus windows, interior and chrome will get shafted by the insurance company who deduct the value of eight scaffold poles, four steel plates and a heat shield from their payout.  

Perhaps they should just be made to drive a Ford Ka next time out.