honda ntv 650 1996 snotter for sale fresh mot SOLD to the man with many corsas

hairnet

Bikeshite. Love it. These go forever on a whiff of fuel abd are super reliable. Worth every penny (and a few more)

Know what you mean about twins, took ages to get used to my gs after jap 4 cylinders. Bounced off redline all the time until I was used to it

id have another single if i didnt do so much motorway - went to weymouth to buy a f650 - ooh it wont start throttle is jammed open - train down - start it didnt make odd noises - clouted the cable that was stuck between carbs and rode it home - cheaply :D

v twin just no done lots of fours and the odd triple

prefer para twins

That is good going for a bike.  These do tend to be quite long-lived though if they're looked after properly - not a particularly highly stressed engine.  I had a 600 Diversion with 82K on the clock which was still sweet, but never had anything with six figures.

The most knackered bike I've ever ridden was a Mobylette AV50 with 35K on its original engine.  Would barely pull 25 on the flat.

never bought a bike with that much miles - was worried but it wasnt as worn out as i thought itd be :D

although i was looking at cbf 500 and 600 with 70+k on them for less than a thousand :D

have put 26k on a new hornet in 18 months in 2003 - have done 14k+ a year since 2002 (the insurance love me :lol: ) and ive never been a courier

last 18 months with this bike 6k :(

Back in the early 80's, I remember the general concensus was that if a small capacity bike made it to 10,000 miles it was considered pretty much FUBAR'd.

Now you see folks selling 10 year old 125s with 30,000+ miles for over a grand...

It would have been worth about a fiver back then ;-)

It looks like that NTV has seen a bit of action in its time!

Is this engine a variant of the Honda Shadow engine? I'm sure I was reading an article the other month that suggested those motors were good for 150-200k :shock:

Should be plenty of life left in this old girl yet!

As the title suggests, if you see an NTV with high mileage don't be put off! I recently bought my neighbours old bike off him and it has 151,000 YES 151,000 miles.

Source: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikereviews/searchresults/Bike-Reviews/Honda/Honda-NTV600650-1988-1997/

• 1 month later...