Shitroen AX 1.5 Dizzler - NOW SOLD!!!!!

purplebargeken

Selling on behalf of a friend who doesn't go onto such sites as this. She has sense.

I've been asked to try and dispose of her car which is a Citroen 1.5 AX diesel. It may run on veg it may not. I think this was discussed a little while ago but I can't remember the outcome.

It's a 3 door jobbie in metallic light'ish green. It has some things wrong with it. Nowt mechanical - enginey/gearboxey though. Has been to Scotlandshire many times without incident. It hasn't got intergalactic mileage on it and nope I don't have any piccies.

It looks like a green 3 door Citroen AX that has a bit of a dent in the back. Simples.

Oh, I think it is around W or X reg, something like that.

Some arse product tried to nick it a few months ago and fiddled with the drivers side lock. The door has to be opened from the inside now but I would imagine it would be fairly easy to fix. Plenty on ebay being broken. I can't be arsed to do it as I am completely lacking in motivation.

The other bit is that my mate reversed into a bollard and dinted the tailgate slightly.

It's taxed to the end of the month and has MOT, it's gotta go ASAP as she now has another car.

Open to offers and will be sold for not very much.

PM me if you want it and I will pass on a contact number so that you can sort out the detailz.

It lives in North Londshire by the way.

Cheers

Ken X

Right, it's £125. No offers, haggling, offering of sexual favours, bodyparts or unwanted relatives.

£100 cash. You know you want to. HAS TO BE GONE BY THE END OF THE MONTH!

What no-one? This forum really isn't what it used to be or some such other shite.

Just buy the fecker will you!

Hold on a second, Whoaaah there cowboy. If I didn't mention it in the ad, how do you know about the dent. Hah! Gottcha, you are obviously a timewaster of epic proprtions and indulge your sick twisted car purchasing lustful desires by offering hapless punters a derisory sum of money for a manky deal that you never have any hope of completing. 

I think I covered everything there. What time do you want to pick it up? Cheque or Western Union sir?

The tail gate is plastic, and the bonnet is steel.

I had a 1.4 D Echo, and the only 2 faults in 4 years of suicidal ownership * was a) the need to fit new glow plugs, and b ) the failure of the mating of the steel inserts, and the plastic boot, that held the bolts which held the lock in place.  I drilled a hole straight through, the boot, and fitted coach bolts to hold the boot lock back in place.

* suicidal ownership.  1) This car is so slow that you NEVER want to slow down, so you take the bends flat out.  2) If the bends are on your daily commute from the Yorkshire Dales to Burnley (Long Preston to Lucas at Rossendale Road via Gisburn), you get to practise going flat out every day, and quite frankly could beat a decent large motorbike ridden carefully. 3) On the Motorway - and I'm thinking M65 - where there are hills, and you are commuting daily from Miseryside to Burnley - because wifey wants to live near family - on the motorway, you slow down up hills, so to counter this issue, you put everything you've got into getting to Mac 3 (On the lepton scale it would hit 0.9 on a long downhill stretch) on the way down the hill, even if it requires you get 3 foot behind some slower twat, who won't move out of the way. In any case they'll overtake you going up the next hill, as you end up doing 55 in third.

4) You will want to kill yourself. It will fuck any self esteem you ever had, will bore you senseless, and will turn driving into a hellish chore. After a day at work and a 1 hour each way commute (what possessed me?) you will feel that death might be a welcome relief.

5) In order to take the bends faster you will fit GT alloys, and jack out the rear arches to fit the wider tyres, but the car will go slower in a straight line and the arches will then rust.  The fact that you made it worse, that it was, in all ways will depress you

6) In order to take the bends faster, you can fit massive spot lights, with 1 fuse and one relay each (I worked at Lucas Automotive Electrical Systems, so borrowed them from the cupboard in the DEV lab with a chitty describing them as obsolete bits and bobs) .  This will provide you with the ability to see to the next bend, but not around them, and so is half a day of fitting you'll never get back.

The 1.4 had a Lucas CAV Diesel Systems Pump made in Blois, and I guess they don't like veggie oil.

It's the perfect car for Autoshite, but as Duncan Banatwat says "I'm out"

Yeah the 1.5 engine was used in the 106 and rover 115D and later facelift Ax's..  The DPC lucas diesel pump was used by almost every European manufacturer,  with production that peaked at 1.3 Million a year in about 1997 - that's one every 6 seconds on a 2 shift system with a bit of weekend overtime.

I