*Now SOLD, apparently* - Pug 406 Coupe with FSH, 12 months' MoT, some tax, 60k miles, £500. NOW WITH PICS

John F

I will do..

I've already had the first scammer get in touch to me regarding selling my car..

Apparently I'm getting paid via PayPal but can't pay via bank transfer or cash.

And my car is going abroad and the buyer doesn't want to see my car as they're housebound and a shipping agent is going to be picking my car up...

As the cambelt is showing as being changed in 2005 it is quite possibly the same cambelt on there now and well overdue for changing on a time basis. This will cost megabucks unless the new owner wants to play cambelt roulette

Why is the cambelt megabucks on the V6?

Why is the cambelt megabucks on the V6?

Loads of stuff needs to be removed to get to the cambelt unfortunately and it takes a long time - 5 to 6 hours is the booked time I think. The parts aren't too expensive but you might have terrible fun & games getting the right sort of water pump (which you should replace at the same time) - see the guide on the 406 Coupe owners forum.

With the mileage and Fsh, this must be worth doing though?

Sort out the wing and the cambelt, give it a good service and then enjoy the sheer waftness of it.

Now I'm talking myself into it, despite a) no spare funds for it, B) no where to park it and c) being about 200 miles away from West Yorkshire.

Loads of stuff needs to be removed to get to the cambelt unfortunately and it takes a long time - 5 to 6 hours is the booked time I think. The parts aren't too expensive but you might have terrible fun & games getting the right sort of water pump (which you should replace at the same time) - see the guide on the 406 Coupe owners forum.

Just asked a mate about this as he owned a mint V6 manual and adored it.

Said he got the belt changed for a reasonable sum, the mechanic mumbled something about needing a "special tool" but it wasn't reflected in the price.

God this is tempting, and only an hour away if in Harrogate

"Giffer-owned" credentials are verified by notes in the vehicle documentation detailing how much fuel filled, mileage driven, etc. and the faint smell of Werther's Originals.

Giffers in a quandary recently over Werther's new-ish 'creamy-filling' (Ooh-er, missus!) butter candies versus the old style 'hard all the way through' (Phwoar, missus!) butter candies.

Saga FM is awash with arguments over relative merits of both said confections, apparently.

• 4 weeks later...
John F, on 23 Jul 2014 - 11:19 PM, said:

Still for sale...

I spoke to my mate this evening, the 406 Coupe now has 12 months MoT.

Sick of watchers now, JUST BID... lol ;-)

Do I really need another old thirsty car?? Not really ..... but fuck it - Ã‚£1.98 

You have been outbid. 

Increase your maximum bid so you don't miss out.

[£131.31]

Congratulations!

You are the highest bidder, but you are close to being outbid.

Increase your maximum bid so you don't miss out.