*Now SOLD, apparently* - Pug 406 Coupe with FSH, 12 months' MoT, some tax, 60k miles, £500. NOW WITH PICS

John F

A dealer mate of mine is looking to shift a 1999 (I think) 3-litre V6 Pug 406 Coupe with approx. 60k miles, previously owned by old couple and traded in against something new & horrible.

I haven't seen it, but it's apparently in good condition and has some T&T. He's after £500... drop me a PM and I'll pass on his details. Car is in West Yorks.

And there'll be a dark blue 1994 Twingo up for grabs soon... currently on German plates with TÃœV, will look into getting it MOT'd and UK registered if absolutely necessary but prefer to sell it as is.

Pics will follow, as will a full description. Get your Kleenex ready*.

Is it a twingo "easy" ? Then first little French car to have a clutchless manual gearbox ? I made 2 solenoids for them, when I worked at Lucas, which we sold to AP IIRC, for the clutch module.

The Twingo is a 1.2 manual (LHD), and I've just seen from the German V5 that it was actually registered in October 1995 (not 1994 as I thought).

Not sure about price yet, I'm going to put it on the ramps at the weekend & see what condition it's in. I'll do a proper 'advert', with pics an' all, after that.

But one thing's for sure - it won't be as pricey as the Berlin-registered 1994 model on eBay at the moment...!

Fucksticks.

OK, I've been to see the Peugeot and I have pics of it. It's very tidy apart from a bit of peeling lacquer on the osf wing, it also has FSH and will come with 12 months' MOT.

BUT:

I can't seem to embed pics in here anymore. I get the pop-up box for adding links (or pics) but it doesn't work and I then can't get rid of the bastard.

I also can't copy links into posts. And I can't paste text from elsewhere either.

Board seems to be broken (I'm using IE11)

I'll persevere with it but don't expect much.

As the cambelt is showing as being changed in 2005 it is quite possibly the same cambelt on there now and well overdue for changing on a time basis. This will cost megabucks unless the new owner wants to play cambelt roulette as the engine is an interference fit.

The mileage is very low indeed for a 1999 car. Put it on the 406 coupe owners forum and no doubt someone will be interested.

Anymore details on the twingoo?

There's a Defender with a bent front axle on the ramps at the moment so it'll be the middle of next week before I can get Twingoid ("Cheese... petril....") on the ramps for a full health check, but I gave it a wash yesterday and there's no sign of body rust.

Pics and a full report (with price) will follow in a separate thread,

Plates North Wales? Looks a bit of a bargain.

Yep, the Pug coupe seems to have started life in Caernarvon and then moved up to Yorkshire.

Can't believe some serial shiter hasn't snapped it up already. It ticks all the boxes... French, slightly faded, giffer-owned... along with a few more mundane features such as being drop-dead gorgeous and a humungous bargain into... er, the bargain.

I do really like that 406 and always wanted one as it's a 90s coupe dream car and I miss a coupe after getting rid of my Ford Cougar if I didn't have two cars already sitting on the drive I would be straight on the train for your 406.

I did try talking my sister in law around to getting it for her but for some reason she can't see the practical side of running a 3 litre coupe car with two baby seats in the back to the mothers and toddler club :(