'We need money' she said. 'NOW FOR SALE Peugeot 106....REDUCED PRICE BUY IT NOW

Cavcraft

Welcome to Eurocrap, a division of Cavcraft, CorsaEnterprise.co.Albania and Looming-Divorce.

Today, being the lucky* Mrs Saviour's and mine wedding anniversary, I woke up pot-less, card-less and present-less and recalled the date. Got enough VAM (Vectra ashtray money) to buy a top quality* anniversary card and precious little else. Anyhow, the reason for this is that last night I did that thing that all sensible people do when they're skint, they buy another car.

So, for sale is the following:

1995 Pewjot 106 1.4 (1369) XR petrol.

MOT January 2015. Yes! Two thousand and fifteen!

Taxed until the end of July 2014!

Just 54,000 showing on the clock, condition of car suggests it's genuine but I have no proof that it is.

5 speed box.

Nasty looking after market CD player.

No power steering but I 'll just blow the tyres up to 45psi and tell you it's really light anyhow and make sure I reverse park it first.

Seems to run great (approximately 5.1 miles so far)

Insurance should be dirt cheap.

Had a complete new exhaust fitted inc. cat.

Very clean and tidy car.

Known faults:

There's a slight blow from exhaust. As it's a full new system I'd like to think it's just something daft like a gasket or join. The last owner said it was because it wasn't a genuine (Peugeot) part exhaust, make of that what you will

The ABS light is on. This made me LOL a bit because I wouldn't have thought a 1995 106 would even have ABS, but the car stops fine as it is.

I think £325 should be a pretty fair price for a quite poplier little car that should do someone a good turn and has plenty of MOT and a bit of tax. Chester, Cheshire not far from motorway and railway station etc

Everyone likes a shit picture, so here's your complimentary one:

photo (4).JPG

Some people are fanny magnets, I'm a shit car magnet.

Came to work in this today and it was brilliant. Couple of miles down some country lanes then mix of A and B roads and it seems GR8.

Will investigate ABS light if/when we get chance but the brakes are fine and I don't know where the FCR port is on the car anyhow!

You'd know where the port for the fault code reader was if you used the Autodata disc I sent you, you silly old duffer.

It's a 2 pin effort, but fuck knows where it actually is. Engine bay near the fan is my guess. But it might not connect to the ABS anyway.

I bet the exhaust is a motor factors job. They never fit together properly first time, cos motor factors staff are always knocking them over.

Now see here.

WARNING:MASSIVE PICTURES INCOMING.

post-8466-0-59884100-1402422284_thumb.png

post-8466-0-83486200-1402422288_thumb.png

Everyone remembers Spit the dog, but who else recalls his mate Cough the cat?

image.jpg

Have a look whilst you consider buying my car.

He also runs an antique shop near Frodsham somewhere and is rumoured to be highly unamused if people ask about Spit or Cough.

I had to know more about this.

Turns out it's a candle shop. Bob is full of helpful advice, for example:

bob_line.gif
Before positioning a candle, always look around where you want to put it and ask yourself,
  • "Will it be in a draught?".
  • "Can anything around it blow into the flame?".
  • "Is it secure and upright?".
  • "Is it out of direct sunlight?".
Think Safety!

Aye, it's grand. Quite sedate really so easy to drive 'normally' but if you welly it, it goes v.well. 

My lad reckons his FCR is 'too modern' to detect the ABS light being on, and says his money is on a sensor or wire to the same. It doesn't make any difference to how the car drives or stops so we're not really arsed tbh!

The young man is correct. This car operates the old "count the number of flashes" type of diagnostics. Having perused the fault code table for this type, there's naff all in it about ABS. It's all fuel and ignition.

Pub Trivia: Pre 1992 Rover R8s with the Jap engine had wee coloured LEDs in the side of the ECU for this purpose. R8s with proper engines had a breakout box.

It's either not one or it's a sensor it would seem but that's based on Internet searching. I drove another few miles yesterday and it was fine.