For sale - 97 R Rover 600 2.0 SI manual - saved!

Angrydicky

Hi everyone, 

My dad has decided to sell his Rover 600 as he's won another one on Ebay that's newer and lower mileage. Hence this is for sale.

It's done 171,000, but has obviously been quite well looked after, the last owner had it for 10 years. Some small rust bubbles behind one of the rear arches, a few small chips and dents but it wears its mileage well. It's taxed and MoT'd until September, has matching Dunlops with good tread, and the complete grey leather interior transplanted in from a higher spec model, which is in good condition. It also had a new exhaust back box for the last MoT. Very solid car with loads of life left in it. 

As far as I know the only thing that doesn't work is the A/C. Runs and drives well, very reliable. It's going in the local paper on Friday, just thought I'd give 'shiters first opportunity!

He's after £350 for it, and it's in Southend-on-Sea, Essex.

GM9kSrDl.jpg

3sVWiJFl.jpg

AbvOAUKl.jpg

So Fatherdicky swapped a 600 for another 600, that's the way to go.

I fancy a 600 again but have no funds/other end of country/forum not what it was et al so will have to decline. Unless you want to swap it for a Montego MDi with a shagged windscreen?

Didn't think so!

I think the refrigerant is leaking from the pipes where it goes into the air con radiator (or something like that). I know he recharged it and it worked for a while.

Couple of other things, it has a working CD changer, but the central locking doesn't work as the alarm kept going off so I think he pulled the fuse which controls both the alarm and C/L. It did all work off the fob before he did that.

I would quite happily drive this car anywhere in the country, the Honda engines are very strong and capable of interstellar mileages.

• 2 weeks later...

OK. This is of interest to me. How much tax has it got? Will it still be around at the end of next week?

No, it's getting scrapped in the next two or three days as dad's fed up of having it sat outside doing nothing. It's been advertised here and three other places with zero interest apart from one timewaster. He's cashing the tax in, and has also taken out the CD changer and one of the rubber strips from the roof for his new one.

If anyone wants it then they can have it for £100 no offers as he'll get that for scrapping it, but they'll have to be quick.

No, it's getting scrapped in the next two or three days as dad's fed up of having it sat outside doing nothing. It's been advertised here and three other places with zero interest apart from one timewaster. He's cashing the tax in, and has also taken out the CD changer and one of the rubber strips from the roof for his new one.

If anyone wants it then they can have it for £100 no offers as he'll get that for scrapping it, but they'll have to be quick.

I'm ringing around insurence companies like a mad thing here. 600, I'm trying my best to save you.

If he hasn't physically parted with the disc would he take £100 and the surrender value of the tax?

If so ,I can be there in a couple hours, this will be an ideal solution to a family holiday to Brittany instead of my daughters squeezing into my oldest's 4 year old Fiat 500.

The Rover will look pretty impressive in convoy with Mrs N's Gaylander , well have to get some Union Jacks.

Was I imagining it,or is AngryDicky driving some ancient Longbridge product around Wales this weekend ?

If so I will stop holding my breath waiting for him to get back to me, unless someone has his mobile number and can let him know I've now got 3 women pestering me to go to Southend and 'Get the cool old person's car'.

I've PM'd my numbers to him and if anyone can send him my number I'll PM it to you. Thanks.