Chaseracer's Merc for sale! Roll up!!

chaseracer

1157651_10151642312148261_458048933_n.jp

"Here we have..."

...the ex-Wobbler Merc W124 300E, as seen in CCW on occasion.

1990 G-plate, 180K; MOT Feb 2015, currently on SORN (garaged).

Indestructible 4-speed auto, recently serviced by the bloke who built Red Victor 3.  Four new Avons 6000 miles ago.  New driveshaft (OUCH!) a bit before that.  Straight-six runs well, needs new idle-control valve (obtained, not yet fitted).

Body good; front floor lightly tickled for MOT, slight bleb on rear arch.  Good cloth interior, very comfortable. Sunroof and driver's window currently u/s.  On steels at the mo (with RAIR silver-edge trimz!) but alloys as above available.

FOR SALE: £695 ono

This raffle is undoubtedly better value money than the Volvo. If you win it you 'should' have a pretty good car............however who is going to be drunk enough to bid on it on a Monday night? I am getting there but I have a problem and as such I am saving my £25 for another box of Heldenbrau Super before I start playing gabba techno at full volume at 1am and start shouting at people who aren't there, until the police turn up and I wake up in a cell again covered in vomit and self pity. 

Or even worse I might have bought the winning ticket for this... ;-) 

A Friday or Saturday night is defo the way forward for this kind of shizzle methinks. 

3, but possibly not in the way you might think.... ;)

I've been following this old Merc's progress on here since the early Dollywobbler days and it I wasn't such a lazy bastard when it comes to travelling to view a car or it wasn't so far away I'd probably have had a shot of it myself by now, it looks like a really nice old bus.

Can't help feeling the raffle format won't work too often. You need a unique edge.... How about renting out a large quarry, filling it with props and running a Takeshi's Castle style endurance test where the winner gets a Merc? I'd pay £25 to enter that.