Mk3 Cavalier CDi £150

RobT

Sounds more master cylinder to me. A failed servo usually makes the pedal go rock hard. An ideal way to learn new Autoshite driving techniques! The art of not panicking when the car won't stop is one we all should learn.

Doh, yeah meant that rather than servo, was typing in a rush!

HNNNG...

FFS Rob, why is everything you ever sell so flipping desirable and such ace value?

My marriage is lucky I've not wrapped myself around the old Cocker Hoop this evening.

This vehicle is fully hoon tested and comes with the Joe Cleland stamp of approval.

So a slice of the Senior Sales Executive lifestyle for the meagre sum of £150, I’m expecting massive interest in this….

I have good memory s of MKIII Cavaliers, I was a sales manager and had chosen several brand new CDi until I put one in a deep ditch and did a lot of damage, my boss teased me he would be selecting my next car and when the day came he gave me a new Carlton saying I think you will be safer in this!

Glad this has stayed on the forum. I've hankered after a cav cd for ages and though the timing was wrong I was beginning to eye up the train timetable and goad myself into it!

I'd probably have talked you out if it Matthew for the sake of marital harmony! My plan next is to buy an auto pre-facelift one of these now I know I like them, might be in for a wait though which is probably a good thing.

It's a bit of a rare beast - seems to be a half facelift. AFAIK the headlight wipers got deleted from the CD almost immediately after the facelift and you got an airbag instead - which yours doesn't have.

You can tell I've had too many of these. I remember my first one - a G reg 2.0 GLi when I bought it I couldn't believe how much more modern it drove and felt than the Sierra I had before

It's a bit of a rare beast - seems to be a half facelift. AFAIK the headlight wipers got deleted from the CD almost immediately after the facelift and you got an airbag instead - which yours doesn't have.

You can tell I've had too many of these. I remember my first one - a G reg 2.0 GLi when I bought it I couldn't believe how much more modern it drove and felt than the Sierra I had before

That's why I liked this one, no ugly airbag wheel and the interior has a pleasant look and feel to it. Did you ever have an auto, and is the gearing as tall as the manuals? This one cruises just below 3000rpm at 80mph as you'd sort of expect from a repmobile.

I have had 3 MK 3 cavaliers over the years and everyone has been superb. All 2.0 8 valvers too. The best one was a H plate GLi which was 5 years old at the time and had 180k miles on it, never let me down once and gave me really good mpg. This looks like a cracker being a CDi and for £150 it's a no brainer. 

Hey New POD, was it you that had a Mk2 Commander once? I remember one of the Mk2 gang rocking up in one one day and them recounting the story of the damp field storage leading to the rust and electrical issues they had.