Eye-catching black and whites

forddeliveryboy

Is that a FA Victor estate, 3rd car back?

Yes, although I've only heard them being referred to as 'Victor F.'  'Fs' used to be notorious for rusting from the inside out and also for having noisy back axles after relatively few miles.  It is remarkable how many have survived.  Dad had an FB estate,  a much better car and more rust resistant than the F i.e. still largely structurally intact after 5 years.

Excuse the Half-Viva, but I had to join two pics. 194 Broad Lane in Birmingham in 1979 and as it is now shows quite succinctly the utter cuntery of Brits. How we or back handed corrupt, short sighted wanker councillors will take a pleasant, middle class (or just pleasant) street in a city and turn it into a raging shit hole, a disgusting effrontery of all that's decent. Just FUCKING LOOK AT IT!!  :-(  :neutral:  :twisted:

post-3069-0-40515600-1545936716_thumb.png

post-3069-0-74080000-1545936734_thumb.png

^ It does look totally rubbish now. How can that be allowed to happen?

Oh man, that black paint . . . who thought that would be a good idea?

So cluttered too.

Trees gone, bollards up, Art Deco building to the right gone and replaced with a World Of Cunts supershitshow plus Watsons, where locals bought British cars* where you can now buy a kabab from some surly fucker. 

What was the GM - BMW Rydale garage is now Legs 11, a Gentlemans* Club where you can get a lap dance and a wank from some slapper and have the shit kicked out of you by an Albanian doorman.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/man-knocked-out-violence-flares-11132681

I despair. Town councils have done more real damage to towns and cities than the Luftwaffe. 

I despair. Town councils have done more real damage to towns and cities than the Luftwaffe.

Standard English fayre. This is Union Street in Plymouth, in 1889.

post-4721-0-30994000-1545948113_thumb.jpeg

The second photo is how it looks today. Most of the buildings of interest now flattened. Shite, innit?

post-4721-0-11339500-1545948141_thumb.jpeg

And then there’s the Grade 2 listed Palace theatre further down the street.

Left for dead, no interest from Plymouth City Council, and the owner continues to allow it to fall down. Most people genuinely don’t seem bothered. Me? I despair that we aren’t looking after attractive gems such as this, ready for future generations to enjoy. Here’s an interior shot from a couple of years back. And yes, the plasterwork is part of the Grade 2 listing.

post-4721-0-39991100-1545948182_thumb.jpeg

post-4721-0-06303100-1545948224_thumb.jpeg

Fucking disgraceful.

Most people genuinely don’t seem bothered. 

There is the crux of the matter. Nobody cares. Folk in this country seem have been worn down over the last 3-4 decades to the point where TV and Soshal Media is their life.

Autoshite is the only place where I can find likeminded disgust at what's happening to the UK.

Apologies for going into colour.

Plymouth Council are regarded as a bit of a laughingstock in town planning and building conservation circles. Here are a couple of their gems - one a winner and one a runner up in the annual Carbuncle Cup.

How did we get here? Complex question - the simple answers, penny pinching, apathy, poor professional advice and pigheaded philistinism.

post-20142-0-93805400-1545949452_thumb.jpg

post-20142-0-50224900-1545949480_thumb.jpg

Glad it’s not just me that gets angry about modern* attitudes to building, planning, and preservation of some of our historic buildings.

Agreed r.e Plymouth planners. I was a student in Plymouth in the mid to late 90s and I have fond memories of the place. It’s surprising jut how much has been flattened and replaced with enormous, out of place shitheap skyrises in the meantime. Any character it retained is being rapidly eroded.

Here’s sleepy Charles Cross pre WW2, and then contrasted with today. Somebody rubber stamped this lot.

post-4721-0-99655500-1545950387_thumb.jpeg

post-4721-0-02648800-1545950413_thumb.jpeg

Trees gone, bollards up, Art Deco building to the right gone and replaced with a World Of Cunts supershitshow plus Watsons, where locals bought British cars* where you can now buy a kabab from some surly fucker. 

What was the GM - BMW Rydale garage is now Legs 11, a Gentlemans* Club where you can get a lap dance and a wank from some slapper and have the shit kicked out of you by an Albanian doorman.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/man-knocked-out-violence-flares-11132681

England my England!