Eye-catching black and whites

forddeliveryboy

• 2 weeks later...

Found this on Hemmings Blog, 1980ish electric car that didn't make it into production probably because GM were afraid of upsetting fuel companies. I give you The Silver Volt

I would have put it in the electric cars thread but a) its probably already there and B) I found this thread first after scrolling through pages for ever.

fourlinks_SilverVolt-970x570.jpg

wmCFY0a.jpg

The Ford Shop.

For Ford people.

May be Plymouth area.

Just walk in and buy a new Anglia right out of the box.

- 'Petrol Sir?, - certainly, how much would you like'.

Fantastic.

That’s wonderful, the Anglia has a JY reg which is a Plymouth number but I’m not sure where this was even though I’m a Plymothion.....

^ Pic is described as 'Reed's Garage, Cobourg Street'.

Have never been to Plymouth myself, am guessing the area's been redeveloped.

↓↓ A few more interesting old Plymouth street pics here you may like to see.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/ford-capris-chevettes-lady-penelopes-639025

Some links to other interesting pics.

NzCEz2t.jpg

(Edit - had a quick look at Google Street view, Cobourg Street still there in name but no obvious remains of Reed's Garage, unless I'm missing something.

Shame. Was hoping they may still have a new-old-stock Mk2 Cortina through the back or one of those now-obsolete Mk3 Zodiacs).

^ Pic is described as 'Reed's Garage, Cobourg Street'.

Have never been to Plymouth myself, am guessing the area's been redeveloped.

↓↓ A few more interesting old Plymouth street pics here you may like to see.https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/ford-capris-chevettes-lady-penelopes-639025

Some links to other interesting pics.NzCEz2t.jpg

(Edit - had a quick look at Google Street view, Cobourg Street still there in name but no obvious remains of Reed's Garage, unless I'm missing something.

Shame. Was hoping they may still have a new-old-stock Mk2 Cortina through the back or one of those now-obsolete Mk3 Zodiacs).

Fantastic stuff, I’ve really enjoyed reminiscing over these images. I worked for Renwicks garage back in the 80’s when they were still Plymouth’s Volkswagen main dealers with Audi and MAN light commercials also included by that time though in different/bigger premises. I’ve got one of those now obsolete MK3 Zodiacs sat in my garage, shame it’s not a Plymouth registered one!.....

DXyq91E.jpg

Ozzy Ozbourne, Prince Of Darkness, obviously overjoyed with the purchase of his 1983 265.

I'd guess the permanently-on sidelights, strong integral bodyshell, seat-belt warning lights, and general competence in treacherous snowy / icy road conditions gave the Volvo the edge over it's competitors.

Edit - he wins the 'Make a face like your house' competition.