Eye-catching black and whites

forddeliveryboy

post-4845-0-48733000-1528914520_thumb.jpg

What a truly great piece of architecture, sadly it looks like it's now gone.

The original looked more like a C19th farmhouse - for many years one of the main activities was the unloading of horse shit from London, which was used in the many nearby market gardens and orchards. Paper from the Cray valley mills would go in the other direction.,

Eindhoven.

The third row (ignoring the DKW) has got me puzzling over the cars either side of the 2cv and also the white car to the right of the Mercedes.  Any ideas?

Edit`: The one to the left of the 2cv may be a Renault Dauphine and the white car may (with less confidence) be a VW Beetle - but it doesn't look quite right.

Can't be sure on the 2CV flankers, but the white car next to the Ponton looks like a "Buckel" G73A Taunus (1948-52)

Well done! That's a new one on me.  I don't recall ever seeing one when I lived in Germany for three years (1966-69).  We often went shopping in Eindhoven - we were just across the border at Bruggen and later Wegberg.

We used to sail upstream of Rochester when I was  a kid and Dad had a small boat on which we could lower the mast to get under the town bridges (which used to be two railway and one road but are now two road and one rail). The factory was still there I think but not used by Shorts. Now its all housing and the M2 motorway crosses the river in the top RH corner of your pic.

I could be totally wrong but don't see where else it could have been. We would see Rochester and its bridges, castle and cathedral but they are obscured by the plane if I am right.

attachicon.gifnew-railway-station-at-st-marys-cray-kent-10989491.jpg

What a truly great piece of architecture, sadly it looks like it's now gone.

The original looked more like a C19th farmhouse - for many years one of the main activities was the unloading of horse shit from London, which was used in the many nearby market gardens and orchards. Paper from the Cray valley mills would go in the other direction.,

Which station was that?

A local vehicle hire firm has put up a couple of pictures on a local history Facebook page from the early 1980s when they were operating out of a portacabin next to Barnstaple train station - they're a lot bigger now with premises on a commercial estate and the site is now the station's car park.

post-5492-0-49980100-1528996818_thumb.jpg

post-5492-0-16493000-1528997399_thumb.jpg

I know nothing of the lorries but always enjoy a Mk2 Transit.  They did a nice line in Cavaliers, too.

That's clearly a DKW, but the car in the third row is an Anglia.

Yes, the DKW which I chose to ignore for row counting seemed to be forming a private row which would have made the Taunus, Anglia, Ponton etc. row number 4.  Marvellous photo. When I rode my Peugeot BBct moped to Eindhoven, some barsteward pinched my small saddle bag containing the plug spanner.  I bought a new one and it also was stolen a few weeks later, this time at Venlo.  Roermond mopedists were not so light fingered.