30 ELECTRONIC MEMORIES

MrDuke

Yes, with 18 WATTS of denture-shaking POWER, allow the Phase-lock Loop Quartz-synthesized tuning to lock on to your favourite stations with Laser-like PRECISION, while the Interference Absorption Circuit gives you, in the words of Steely Dan, no static at all.

Eliminate Hazardous FUMBLING while turning cassettes with the Auto-reverse Locking Fwd/rewind deck, complete with Eject Switch. See the Digital Time Clock using the LCD Display, while your cassette is PLAYING.

Also, there's an AUX jack input for CDs/MP3s, but who cares about that?

No idea if it works, but there's no apparent damage and it's very clean, wcpgw?

Yours for £2 (what it cost me to liberate it from the charity shop today) + postage, which shouldn't be much more than a fiver with Collect+ or some such.

Drive The Audioline 426 Power! Now! Do it NOW, muthaf****r!!!

O4QQVaYl.jpg

Believe it or not, nearly all of said spiel came verbatim from the back of the box! I especially like the way they made a "feature" out of the fact it has an eject button.

PM shall be incoming shortly :-)

Dammit, too slow as well  :-(  I remember trying to persuade my Dad to splash out on one of those (for his GSA I think) when I was a kid but he was too tight! Or probably had more important things to spend his money on. Would have been nice to buy it just to pull his leg a little...

Amazingly, although the name makes them sound like a proper shit budget brand, they were actually quite high end and really expensive in their day. They are made by Fujitsu Ten who still make car audio in Japan (I think they make OEM stuff for Toyota). The Tenvox head unit I have was knocking on for £600 in 1981! Bizarrely, the radio doesn't work on it but the cassette is fine... normally it's the other way round. I'd love to get it fixed sometime but I know bugger all about electronics.

SDC11698.jpg

I think these were even standard fitment to Lagondas at some point. If that doesn't confirm their shitey credentials I don't know what would..

13246-022.jpg

• 10 months later...
Guest davevx

Amazingly, although the name makes them sound like a proper shit budget brand, they were actually quite high end and really expensive in their day. They are made by Fujitsu Ten who still make car audio in Japan (I think they make OEM stuff for Toyota). The Tenvox head unit I have was knocking on for £600 in 1981! Bizarrely, the radio doesn't work on it but the cassette is fine... normally it's the other way round. I'd love to get it fixed sometime but I know bugger all about electronics.

SDC11698.jpg

I think these were even standard fitment to Lagondas at some point. If that doesn't confirm their shitey credentials I don't know what would..

13246-022.jpg

Been chasing this item from forum to forum and around the internet. Does ANYBODY know of one of these units for sale. Doesn't even matter if doesn't work, I need one to finish the interior of my car. It had one in originally, and it would be great to have one again, even if it only looks the part. RATDAT, if you want to sell your one PLEASE let me know.

Many thanks

Dave B

What a BARG, i had one of these back in the day, 'fitted' it into my Morris Ital. It was too deep to sit flush against the dashboard surface so i cleverly smashed a hole in the heater box so if could slide back a little further. SKILLZ

old post alert, but I too fitted one of these HiFi units in my car. Unable to stretch to the dizzy heights of Morris ownership, I fitted in into my Fiat 128.

The Fiat came with a standard radio and, rather than remove this item, I somewhat lazily fitted the Audioline unit "underslung" beneath the dash, using meccano.