My Volvo 940 Now keeping it

daveb47

When I failed to get approved for support after my injury (blue badge approved, but the criteria are so weird - I walk too fast, because pain is much higher if I'm weightbearing for long periods - i.e. shuffling slowly!), the cars I went for based on ease of entry got narrowed down to W168 A-class, Jeep Grand Cherokee and Chrysler Voyager. Voyager was by far the best in terms of comfort.

For full disclosure the amount of cash that changed hands was £100. So given that I bought £20 worth of tickets you can argue I've made £80 for nothing.

I'm not sure what the collective feeling is on the whole situation. Had I brought the car home as originally planned I would have likely sold it on after a few months anyway and maybe seen a similar profit after costs

Interested to hear your thoughts

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

On that score, it's a no brainer. If you 'won' the car then what you do with it after that is your business. If you sell it for a profit, then fair enough imho. It's literally the luck of the draw.

On that score, it's a no brainer. If you 'won' the car then what you do with it after that is your business. If you sell it for a profit, then fair enough imho. It's literally the luck of the draw.

When I offered to help with collection/moving/storage and even prospective purchase (that became a no-brainer when I was told it would cost £100 - I'm not THAT stupid), I certainly wasn't thinking "Oh, I'll buy this for £20 'cause that's what the raffle tickets were" - I'd expected it to be "what a Volvo like this is actually worth". That's why the raffle is winning something of value, otherwise it'd be like offering a winning lottery ticket to someone and them saying it was only worth £2 (or whatever a lottery ticket costs now).