My Volvo 940 Now keeping it

daveb47

I will sort out ticket list later,bit busy trying to sort beige skin for autoshite 2

Not rushing you dude, just thought I'd get it bumped up so other shiters won't forget to buy a ticket ;)

Can I get a third random? Make it out to "English Matt", fellow volvo licker from work.....

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure how you've ended up with it again; I am sure someone potentially missed out on a fantastic-looking slab of Swedish awesome.

I'm sure there are good reasons behind it, of course.

Maybe rerun the raffle, sell the ticket that won it to someone else and go for next lottery draw? Is that something that is acceptable or would work?

Un-fucking-believable.

I'd actually agreed to buy this from the winner of the Roffle on 16th April, They_all_do_that_sir - since collection was going to be a nightmare (I initially offered to collect, store and even considered taking it to Ireland - amusingly I now have a photo course worth looking at in Ireland).

The agreed price was very compelling - actually doing me a huge favour, and less than I would have paid for it, but covering the potential profit after collection and resale had been considered if it went to Ireland.

When we went to arrange me collecting it, Dave said he wanted the car back after all and bought it back for the same figure I was offered it for.

There are some fights worth having, but arguing over collecting a car someone won in a roffle from the person who has the keys and the car and the logbook in their name, nope. So I let it go at that point.

However much I want this kind of car, hell no. And letting it slide because Dave wanted to keep the car is one thing, but this? Somehow got this back again?

How about a rule for non-collection of raffle prizes?

Non-collecting winner is castrated and barred from any more raffles.

Winner's ticket is resold and the raffle rerun the nextweek?

Ben

The winner did arrange collection, that's where I got involved...

My comments shouldn't stop you selling it. I'm narked because that's twice I've had deals fall through buying this car, and you'd have had it collected in good time, no need to pay more tax or insurance.

If you'd just wanted to keep it it would make sense, but to stick it up for sale less than two weeks after effectively gazumping me is like "argh! FFS". Your car. But you didn't somehow end up stuck with it, you chose to buy it back ;) can't blame you fot that, looks like a nice car.

I guess I should add my two penny's worth at this point.

I won the car, was over the moon and was excited about getting it.

You can all see the thread I posted detailing how due to personal circumstances I had a limited window for collecting and it was going to cost me a lot. Like £300.

I offered it up and came to a deal with RichardK which I then backed out of because Dave wanted to hang on to the car.

Dave bought the car back off me for the same amount agreed with Richard. Dave stated any profit he made on the sale would go into the website running pot.

For full disclosure the amount of cash that changed hands was £100. So given that I bought £20 worth of tickets you can argue I've made £80 for nothing.

I'm not sure what the collective feeling is on the whole situation. Had I brought the car home as originally planned I would have likely sold it on after a few months anyway and maybe seen a similar profit after costs.

In some ways I feel guilty for leading RichardK on a bit as he had kindly offered to move the car to his place at his own expense and hang on to it until he was in Ireland at some point.

Interested to hear your thoughts

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk