Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Old Stye Number Plates

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 OFFLINE   Vinylseats

Vinylseats

• Full Members
  • 211 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationDudley

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:07 PM

There's nothing worse than an old car with modern number plates. It's like when you used to see British Leyland cars with Halfords white plastic hubcaps stuck on. :evil:

68864289.jpg

#32 OFFLINE   mk2_craig

mk2_craig

• Full Members
  • 1,977 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationIT'S CLEAN THE PLATES HAVE BEEN CHANGED THAT'LL BE $7438.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:49 PM

Looking to try that http://www.dealerplates.co.uk site as my Sterling has an original dealer plate oin the front, but the rear plate has been changed for one of those 'modern' EU flag/GB plates. Anyone dealt with dealerplates.co.uk before?

Twice so far. Have a before and after of my Sierra:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Generally very pleased. The chap doing them only has access to a certain range of fonts for the dealer lettering and reproduces graphics on a 'near as I can get it' basis, so if you're a complete perfectionist then to do appreciably better you would need to take the old plate to a graphic designer and pay them a fair old whack to get a replica done. At £25 quid a pair these weren't a bad compromise, not sure how durable they'll be though, they seem to be the same construction as standard modern font plates.

Also had some done for my dad's Punto, including a twin pinstripe around the plate, they do look good. It should be the law to have the wider digits on a pre-2001 car!! :lol:

1984 Ford Fiesta XR2 - Devaluing the neighbourhood since 2008

Nottinghamshite
Channel Island Cack
Everywhere Else

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users