Renault Vel Satis for sale - with MOT & Tax

Citroff

Hello, long time reader, seldom poster, with a unique opportunity to purchase Renault's scissorhands, a Vel Satis 2.2 DCi Privelege resplendent in 'Almond Green' (at least the majority of it), with MOT and Tax lasting to the heady horizon of July. 

The car is roadworthy, does run, and does drive.

There are some issues, as you would expect of an 11 year old Renault loaded to the chrome windowsills with electrics.

The front suspension is from a 2.0 petrol, hence it sits quite low. The CD changer doesn't work. The paintwork is quite shabby and the wheels have a bit of kerbing, expected from the previous driver who drove by touch I expect. The ashtray lid is a bit loose. One of the keycards doesn't lock/unlock the car, though it does have a new card with it (the only problem with that one being it has 'Laguna' written on it). The air conditioning isn't very effective, but tries. The rear suspension bushes are worn and grumble a bit over rough terrain.

The electric windows and mirrors work, as does the dipping RV mirror. There is also a Nokia in-car kit if anybody has a Nokia 3110 and needs to keep up a taxi-like façade. Recently serviced, with a new rear spring.

98,000 miles.

It's hard to put a price on perfection, or this, but I figured £950 with leeway to be beaten down to its actual value is the best course of action.

Pictures for the memories.

post-5716-0-97960100-1400935266_thumb.jpgpost-5716-0-22269600-1400935307_thumb.jpgpost-5716-0-41175900-1400935346_thumb.jpgpost-5716-0-91125300-1400935389_thumb.jpgpost-5716-0-98329000-1400935434_thumb.jpgpost-5716-0-51790800-1400935462_thumb.jpgpost-5716-0-52310500-1400935499_thumb.jpgpost-5716-0-04675600-1400935538_thumb.jpgpost-5716-0-15202900-1400935580_thumb.jpgpost-5716-0-06208100-1400935620_thumb.jpgpost-5716-0-85444000-1400935879_thumb.jpgpost-5716-0-67255200-1400935910_thumb.jpgpost-5716-0-64415000-1400935949_thumb.jpgpost-5716-0-21273600-1400935989_thumb.jpgpost-5716-0-18423100-1400936033_thumb.jpgpost-5716-0-02315900-1400936066_thumb.jpg

1: welcome!

2: good luck!

3: you're almost on my doorstep ;)

I waved but nobody responded, I'll flail arms in a different direction! Just moved back from Scotland, for a different kind of rain

Love these! don't suppose you're in the market for a BMW 3 series?

I'm open to anything offers-wise... Ended up with this because I wanted to try one, and it was cheaper than others for sale, though in retrospect I should have gone stir-crazy and got the 3.5.

Just noticed those scalloped out front seats for the rear passenger's view - brilliant!  Looks nice and comfy too.

They are comfy, though not as soft as I was expecting. The electrics work, as well as the heating elements; this must be some sort of record.

So, are these as bad as their reputation says when it comes to reliability? I'd love to have one, if only for a few months, but the potential for catasrophic failure always seems to be just around the corner

This one has suffered in the past because of careless previous owners, you can see from the corners of the bumpers and the outer rim of the front wheels, which are grazed. I've driven it for a while now, for hours and its not exploded, which is nice. The onboard computer speaking woman does jump into histrionics now and again though, claiming things that patently aren't happening.

The looks have grown on me, and the interior ambiance when driving is very nice, with the backlit clock and heating vent controls etc. If anybody has any questions or wants more pictures just ask, there is probably some angle I forgot to get. It doesn't have a sunroof, for any fetishists out there.

Kin 'ell man, I'd love one of these, it'd certainly serve me well here in France, sadly I'm not in the UK at the moment and I reckon that would certainly take a chunk out of my hard-earned once insurance, tax etc... is factored in. I really need my own car here. There is loads of these Vel Satiiii down here, most of them Diesels.

Welcome back and good luck with the sale anyway.

I might have been asleep, were you facing west at the time?  Plenty of shows coming up, look out for the unshiny red MR2...

I was going to take it to that Total Retro show at the County Showground, but bet against it. I expect the list of shows available where a large French hatchback is welcome could be comparable to a Puritan pub crawl calender

If I was to have a post milleniums car again, I'd entertain another Vel Satis for sure. I didn't have mine (a 3.0l oil burner initiale) for all that long but it was a very pleasant experience so long as it kept functioning. Mending a faulty one is out of the question, especially if it's to do with electrons.

The seats are firmer than you expect and the ride not as soft but they're very quiet inside and lovely to waft about in. For a big engine is a heavy car, it was incredible on fuel. The stereo in mine was stupendous too.

Lovely - I just coaxed a friend of mine into buying a 3.0 dV6 in that colour.

I've a 2.2 dCi auto and am picking up a 3.5 V6 petrol on Monday :)

The Cd changer is a very common failure, as is the radio itself. "Laguna" on the key card happens when a replacement is ordered from Renault these days, they seem to have erased the Vel Satis from even their own memories.

I actually got it the other day, as I dropped the Vel Satis card, and the feet behind the buttons snapped and started rattling down in behind it. Still starts it though. Laguna key coded to it by an Auto Electrician, rather than taking out a second mortgage with Renault for one.

Kin 'ell man, I'd love one of these, it'd certainly serve me well here in France, sadly I'm not in the UK at the moment and I reckon that would certainly take a chunk out of my hard-earned once insurance, tax etc... is factored in. I really need my own car here. There is loads of these Vel Satiiii down here, most of them Diesels.

Welcome back and good luck with the sale anyway.

Wot you doing in foreign parts Mo?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Wot you doing in foreign parts Mo?

Hey Scoots! I got a job down here in the South of France (Languedoc-Roussillon part nearby to Beziers) a few months back. I am a uniforms distributor for a British holiday company (they are/have been bought out recently though) it's great living down here, certainly better than Birmingham, I get free (shared) accommodation, a pool car to use, but the job hasn't exactly gone very swimmingly though, the process isn't clear, but I plan to put a new plan of process forward to the mangement back in the UK when I go back sometime in August.

I keep looking at this Vel Satis and imagine about £900 falling out of my bank, it perfect for down here, French, a Diesel and fairly comfortable with a touch of (French) class.......

:(