1988 Citroen BX diesel estate - 19RD - £495 - Wales

dollywobbler

A fabulous workhorse, but it's time for a change I fear. This one has real history on this forum. Would be nice to keep it going.

153,000 miles, fairly tidy (the odd scratch here and there) and first signs of rot on the nearside rear wing. Doesn't seem too bad at all underneath, though I've not been crawling under there much of late. Rides beautifully as its had spheres fairly recently. Has a duff engine mounting (lower, included) and the clutch is heavy suggesting replacement might be sensible. Or you could ignore it for a few tens of thousands more miles! It has been ignored for several years so far.

LHM is a nice colour - only leaks are from the regulator, just a few drips. Fuel lines could do with replacement though. These do weep a bit.

No stereo, but many spares including brake discs (front and rear - could do with the rears replacing really) and many other random odds and sods. MOT until March '15, tax to end of August. Yes, it does come with the correct wheeltrims if you care.

£495ONO.

10014652_10152348808913200_1188429439_n.
1780677_10152350615403200_1976336785_n.j

My head told me to suggest a swap for the Visa, my heart told me otherwise. 

I have already declined a beige Fiat Uno for one simple reason that applies here too. WANT MOAR WIPERS.

There's a lot more interest in the BX than the Sirion though. Do I need to remove the teeth?

I luv BXs. They're great for lugging toolboxes around without bottoming out. I've had a few but never an estate. Perfect for sleeping in come shite meets and long distance fixing sessions.

Quick questions. Rear arm bearings okay(ish)? No tunes but any speakers? That's all, it's a £500 diesel estate that is not bum rapingly expensive to insure . What more do I want?

I got this kit for the C5 (same bearings and seals, discard the rest) and it seemed to be decent quality. Timken bearings IIRC. http://www.aepdirect.com/rear-arm-bearing-kit-p6015?category_id=648

If FPB7 doesn't buy it and anybody in Scotland fancies taking it on I'll be happy to help for the cost of fuel (about £100 if I don't go too far out of my way).

Another vote for AEP here - not had any problems with quality and parts are usually from the OE manufacturer. Rear arm bearings aren't too bad a job so if anybody wanted to swing by North Wales on their way back with a kit I could change 'em for say £30...