Triumph 2000 Project - SOLD

The Moog

• 4 weeks later...

I think they were one of the best looking cars ever. I used to have a MK1 carby which went on for ages with grumbling big ends. That straight six was a brilliant engine. 

I can still remember the day I was in BL parts department and the stores man showed me an efi fuel pump that was on the bench. It had been rebuilt so many times they were running out of places to stamp the rebuild info on it.

Lots of tutting and shaking of head. Bloke had priced up parts but once started adding up it needs over £1k spending on it which isn't worth it.

He might have someone who wants box but realistically I think it is going to be bridge fodder.

We had an ide engined Laguna MkII years ago I think it ended up as bake bean cans and tictac boxes before it was 5 years old it was real auto shite.

But I guess the more povo spec ones would be more reliable.

Here was our Laguna it had been sitting for about 6 months waiting for a new fuel pressure sensor which when fitted lasted all of a week.post-9282-0-51941300-1412887050_thumb.jpg

I'm sure our Laguna wanted to be a garden ornament rather than a car.

I also had a triumph 2000 back in the 80s which was a fantastic car and totally reliable.

post-9282-0-32136900-1412889349_thumb.jpg

As you can see it was taken a few years ago as I had hair back then lol