Old Reg

bigstraight6

Is there any way of checking the history of an old vehicle registration number? as we have an old Devon number on 'er indoors current car that we retained after we parted company with the complete heap of a Toyota MR2 that had this number plate when we acquired it, but we would really like to know out of curiosity is what sort of vehicle the number was on when first issued....

Maybe DVLA will do a search of their records for you? They'll certainly search on a chassis number; I paid £5 last year to get all the history of my C-reg Fiesta, i.e. original registration application and copies of all subsequent ownership changes. Just a shame that the crucial info I was after seemed to have been lost in the mists of time, namely where the car was registered before import to the UK and what its previous identity was. :roll:

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/media/pdf/forms/v888x2.pdfThis is the form I filled in, it's a bit of a catch-all hence the "details of incident" bit etc but there's scope to give them a bit of detail so as they can help you. I can't see why they wouldn't be able to find out how mnay vehicles the mark XYZ012 has been on, although in some cases it's probably dozens! :)