Jagwar x300 XJR - Scotchland - Not Mine, slightly pumped - £500

cort16

My mate offered me this Jaguar XJR that he bought to transfer the running gear into something else before he thought better of it. He now wants rid of it as it takes up shite loads of space and has no interest in it as a car and can't be arsed breaking it.

I don't know that much about it really> It would normally massively appeal to me but the arrival of cort16 jnr has left me with barely enough time to tinker with my current crop of old crocks so I've no chance with this..

It's a 95 X300 XJR (the straight six one) It looks black to me but is supposed to be dark blue, cream leather seats. It's not been on the road for over a year and has no t&t I don't think it has any history. It has a few bumps and scrape the rear door being the worst. it starts, goes into gear but run's like shite. The car is best described as rough but not a lot of rust on display.  There's no EML on so who knows what it could be although the MAF would be my first port of call after some brief googling. Either that or something terminally incurable.

The plate is worth £100,000 if your name is Nnnn*

As I said it's not mine I can pass any messages onto him but he really wants shot of it ASAP so £500. Could be worth a few quid breaking it or if you can get it running and through it's test is could be an awzum smoker. These things have 320bhp or thereabouts so good for going vrooom.

The car is in Ayr, Ayrshire.

post-1514-0-17409600-1400678478_thumb.jpg

Bugger me that's cheap. I'd have been all over that a month ago before I got my XJ40.

I think I saw that when it was for sale last year but I decided to go for my Series 3 instead, I remember a dark XJR with a damaged door for sale in Ayrshire somewhere.

I recon it could be quite presentable pretty easily it's just the running problem that's the flip of the coin as they can be quite complex. When I unplugged the maf it ran worse but with similar symptoms.

There's a 350 quid one on t'blue forum, wif t&t etc, but shagged Fannymold on the exhaust. that plus thus would equal win.

however they're hunners o miles apart and that.

if I had somewhere to keep it whilst investigating the running issue I'd be up for taking it, however, unless matey wants a 320d with no mot/tax I can haz no space.

right colour for one too, and those wheels are the sex.

someone will look after it!

It was advertised on here before xmas when a rather nice V90 appeared but one of the guys in work is desparate for wheels so he's making a lot of noise about having it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Don't know whether to forgive you or not.

I'll think on it.

It was advertised on here before xmas when a rather nice V90 appeared but one of the guys in work is desparate for wheels so he's making a lot of noise about having it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Was the V90 a dark coloured Estate from Edinburgh? If so you beat me too it and I had to settle for my XJ40...