need a little VW help please

ayd

I think it's the estate that you are thinking of. The Cordoba looks very like the Polo Saloon, but is actually a hatch. :?

I'm pretty sure the Cordoba is a saloon. I had one a couple of years back, and I'm sure I remember thinking that it was a stupid idea to have such a vast boot with such a small letterbox of an opening to load it through. I think it was the Toledo that was a hatch-that-looked-like-a-saloon.

I think spottedlaurel is right, those polo saloons were rebadged seats. Be interesting to see what the scenesters make of them in a few years. The cordoba was the saloon version of the Ibiza, which in turn had some under pinnings from the Polo. Pah. Give me a Ronda anyday.

Donkey Derby :lol: 5/6 years ago I bought one a rotten one for its sweet engine, as we ratcheted it down across the boot and bonnet it broke its back :lol: The 10 tonne cummins forks at work were used to squash it down to fit on the back of the truck in a space that a baby Yanmar gennie had vacated, it must have lived in a salt mine!

drove past it again today and it is a Polo Saloon 10 out of 10 Mr Pog(would have worjked this out but tinternet is down at home until my new router arrives and work get a bit uppity if I'm not working hence asking)Seems straight and clean and on 60k but is it shite worthy?

This is true. However that version of Polo is reputed to be quite a nice little car to drive/own, and it's by far and away the cheapest variant. Kind of looks like a shrunken original Audi A4 to my eyes, too.I remember taking a trip in an original Derby in the mid-80s with had strange seatbelts that didn't fasten with conventional buckles. Perhaps other VWs of the age (say mid-70s to 1980) had them as well? They did rust like billy-o though, as did most cars from that era in fairness. The little wood strip along the dash was cool though.

In the mid 1980s I frequently rode in a 1970s Golf GLS that had front belts with no buckles, you looped them round a chrome latch lever in between the seats that then clicked downwards into place. Never seen the type since.

In the mid 1980s I frequently rode in a 1970s Golf GLS that had front belts with no buckles, you looped them round a chrome latch lever in between the seats that then clicked downwards into place. Never seen the type since.

I remember something like that,I think it was in a neighbour's Passat estate that my Dad had borrowed.