French chod obtained: 1974 Renault 5 ... Now SOLD

Alexg

Ah the happy memories...

A Renault 5 TS (KRU 593W) was my first car. It blew the headgasket in the first year, I tried to replace but then discovered the bottom end had gone. Paid a garage to put a 1.4 TX lump in (they didn't - Long story). Bought several more 5's along the way, including a couple of Gordini's. Had a couple of flirtations with 4's too (B885 ODG, and a van who's reg escapes me).

I'm sure you already have, but make sure that thing is drowned in cavity wax! Sills, rear arches, inner wings, the list is endless! 

Making me look lazy.  Congratulations anyway, super to know this is back out buzzing around again.

Are you serious? You're doing all the work yourself. I just paid a guy some cash and had a beer,

• 1 year later...

Afternoon Autosnotters

This plucky little number is up for grabs if anyone is interested?

It's a smashing little summer daily driver, taking me 11 miles to work down the Kent country lanes, and then home again. The new 1.1 engine is sprightly enough to keep up with modern traffic and the LHD driving position is easy to adapt to given the small size and narrow pillars. It's a tremendous laugh and gets plenty of attention.

Points of note:

11 months MOT 

Road tax exempt

Rebuilt 1.1 Engine supplied and fitted by Renospeed 2016 at a cost of £2000

New oil and filter 2 weeks ago

Heater matrix bypassed as clogged

Very rustic but very solid - worst blister spots photo'd below

Runs and drives superbly.

Selling as moving house and it would be a benefit to downscale the fleet. 

Autoshitter price is £2000. Elsewhere £2350.

A few pics below, check out the first page for others.

Ta

post-4018-0-50636200-1500141550_thumb.jpg

post-4018-0-29146200-1500141571_thumb.jpg

post-4018-0-90148300-1500141601_thumb.jpg

post-4018-0-47264700-1500141630_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

That will be me then...

Shiply did the delivery thing and I have to say I was very pleased when she rolled off the transporter last night.

So with the BX being rebuilt and the CX now on the road, I feel something else will have to give.

May part with the Ami6, in a very non shitter "its now worth a fortune" kind of a way. But in my defence it may let me go back to France to get the Renault 16 I had a cheeky bid on a few weeks ago.

Oh and a 1980 Skoda Estelle still on Hungarian plates anybody.

Yes I know, pics will follow...

That will be me then...

Shiply did the delivery thing and I have to say I was very pleased when she rolled off the transporter last night.

So with the BX being rebuilt and the CX now on the road, I feel something else will have to give.

May part with the Ami6, in a very non shitter "its now worth a fortune" kind of a way. But in my defence it may let me go back to France to get the Renault 16 I had a cheeky bid on a few weeks ago.

Oh and a 1980 Skoda Estelle still on Hungarian plates anybody.

Yes I know, pics will follow...

I funkin love this place :)