French chod obtained: 1974 Renault 5 ... Now SOLD

Alexg

• 3 weeks later...

Will be phoning Framptons Monday for some super sexy riveted plates....

Save your money and order them from these guys, I used them for the Civics plate and they were spot on, I think I paid £51 delivered for the pair compared to the £60-70 Framptons wanted.

http://www.tippersvintageplates.co.uk/phdi/p1.nsf/supppages/tippers?opendocument∂=3

*NF would've been a Manchester area registration - are old plates issued randomly now?

Yes, since the closing of the local area offices the plates are issued randomly by DVLA. As a numberplate perv I find this a bit of a shame, as imports down here always used to get local JN and HJ registrations from the Chelmsford office.

Yes, since the closing of the local area offices the plates are issued randomly by DVLA. As a numberplate perv I find this a bit of a shame, as imports down here always used to get local JN and HJ registrations from the Chelmsford office.

Indeed; as I scribbled elsewhere on here, my scrap '88 Volvo 760 Turbo donated it's registration to my 940 as it was a Glasgow issue double-digit plate and it was allocated - despite having never been out of Scotland since more or less new - E952 HFG. Dave Fowler's Volvo coach donated it's plate to his Golf and he ended up with a Bedfordshire mark IIRC.

It's a small world!

My Ex was a friend of Nicks from her time working in TV.

When we drove the Citroen Ami in my ident back from near Limoux in SW France we dropped in on them,but they were out!

It was about 3 years ago ...

And a great roadtrip which included a breakdown (dynamo) and a speeding ticket!

Happy days.

Got these lovely plates today and boshed them straight on....

DEBE5CB4-D674-4A24-BA95-4BD2493D2A8E_zps

83BC1977-47C8-4456-8725-522D77E38ED7_zps

Love 'em, although if I was being really picky I think the Framptons plates are harder wearing...

Thought it a good idea to wash the outside of the R5 as haven't touched it yet. Not planning to go overboard and lose the character of the car, so just a jet wash off. Bumpers coming up a treat....

EF29EB98-F59B-4533-B198-74E27B51892B_zps

....then off down the pub for the last bit of sunshine and a cider

1BE5D2D8-41F9-472A-838B-8A68B72BE3A6_zps

A few small jobs for sort but pretty much ready to enjoy!

Just 2 weeks later and WALLOP, this arrives on the door mat. CNF 211M... it's a reg and it'll do. Will be phoning Framptons Monday for some super sexy riveted plates....

Brilliant. Reminds me of the long since gone local radio station of the 80s and 90s

post-2127-0-39566000-1403729966_thumb.jpg