Bad Rootes

bigstraight6

that is cool, prefer the matt look tbh :)used to be a mk1 grannie coupe with rover p6 arches on the back, took my breathe away years ago..sure it was black to..

Built by Malcolm Darlow...it was very dark blue. Stunning car... wonder where it is now.

Yes, it was called Granzilla, inspired by ZZ tops Cadzilla. It ran a Rover V8 and some home brewed hydraulic suspension done using tipper pumps from scrapyards to get it really low. The whole thing only cost him £2500 to build in total. I love the fact it uses stock Granada alloys and even the front end is stock. The bloke definately had a keen eye for what looked good. It's probably my favourite British customs ever, particularly because it's more skill and imagination than money.

Posted Image

Even the V8 swap, whilst not flashy due to the low budget, is very nicely done and almost factory looking.

Posted Image

I do like the look of the english coupe, had one many years ago and did all the usual mods , manual box , earlier carb ,capri exhaust manifolds etc thought it was the dogs until one day I saw a german coupe, even nicer shape :o:o . Sold it soon after, wish I still owned it now... Doh!!