Volvo C70 GT

Negative Creep

Came back with a fresh MOT yesterday and a comment from the Tester as to how nice the car actually was. Of course the sensible thing to do would be to keep it for several years, but an upcoming purchase means it's time to move on. I haven't advertised it anywhere else yet as I need some better photos but thought I'd see if there's any interest here

Full MOT - went straight though with only a few minor advisories

Tax until 30 June

2.3 5 cylinder turbo, with 240bhp can be scientifically described as proper twatting quick like. Also has a K&N panel filter but otherwise totally standard

4 speed auto

103,000 miles

Has a very nice spec list which includes

Dual zone climate control that blows ice cold

Leather heated seats

Cruise control

Electric heated mirrors

Remote central locking, I have both keys and fobs

Electric windows

Power Steering

ABS and traction control

On board computer

CD multichanger and built in sub

Alloys

Front foglights that actually work

Metallic paint (for some odd reason it says green on the V5 but it's definitely grey)

Timing belt was done 2 years ago

Original handbook stamped until recently and various other receipts

Brakes completely redone with new pads all round, rear discs, 3 calipers and tracking

Bad points

Front tyres are getting low and will need replacing in the next few months

Little patch of rust on the driver's sill

Scuff on the front bumper - the narrow car park I've been using for the last two years finally got one over me - and a few minor battle scars

Driver's seat bolster slightly worn

Electric windows a bit slow but still work perfectly

IMAG2461.jpg

IMAG2457.jpg

IMAG2464.jpg

IMAG2462.jpg

IMAG2453.jpg

IMAG2452.jpg

IMAG2451.jpg

IMAG2353.jpg

It's a genuinely great car and in very good condition for the year. Drives fine with no rattles, bangs or knocks. Very relaxing and comfy to drive but also somewhat rapid when you want it to be. Also gets a lot of positive comments with people thinking it's far more expensive than it actually is. Ideally I'm looking for a straight cash sale but would still consider a swap or part ex for something interesting with decent performance.

With shiter's discount looking for £800

^^^ I bought an 850 T5 for peanuts a few years ago due to this.There is a breather in the block under the inlet manifold which blocks up with carbon.It's awkward to get to with the manifold on but usually can be cleared in situ.

£18 from Volvo. I had to do it on my T5. Took an hour, but I took the manifold off.