totally off topic....

retrogeezer

Feedback should also be about the experience with the seller & their service not just the product they sent you. Receiving a refund straight away, no questions asked is a good way to do things, although it hints that he knows he's done wrong so has no choice other than to stump up the cash. That is appalling feedback however, I'd never deal with anyone who had upset so many people in such a short space of time, they can't all be wrong can they!Is there any truth in the following statement from the seller & if there is, I don't remember reading that anywhere or being notified that it is eBay policy for that to happen!; :shock:'I am being punished on eBay because of this as sellers who have negative feedback appear lower down the screen in searches than other people. I'm losing money by the day and my business could go under because of it. I've been left with no option but to take legal action.'

Hmm, a little advice required here then...I won a set of wheels on Saturday eve.Nice 17's with good rubber - £62. Bargain!Get an e-mail from seller 24 hours later saying that he'd sold the wheels on Saturday afternoon to someone else. I took this to mean that he isn't prepared to let them go for £62!What do I do? He has 100% feedback over 6 years. I have 100% over 7 years, and would of course not want to tarnish this. If I neg him, is there anyway he can retaliate?Maybe he'll sue me too?!

^ Yes, thats true now. Seller feedback scores are used to determine their standing in search results now, might only be for Business / Powersellers at the moment.

Surely search results appear by date / time order as default!? So how sensitive / extreme is the system, i.e. 1 neg drops you down so many places? :?

Get an e-mail from seller 24 hours later saying that he'd sold the wheels on Saturday afternoon to someone else. I took this to mean that he isn't prepared to let them go for £62!What do I do? He has 100% feedback over 6 years. I have 100% over 7 years, and would of course not want to tarnish this. If I neg him, is there anyway he can retaliate?

In short, no! Sellers cannot leave negative or neutral feedback under eBays new system. You can leave him a negative but there is in reality nothing he can do about it.If he lists something he has to accept the price it sells at. You can't decide afterwards you don't want to sell it at that price so neg away!

^ Yes, thats true now. Seller feedback scores are used to determine their standing in search results now, might only be for Business / Powersellers at the moment.

Surely search results appear by date / time order as default!? So how sensitive / extreme is the system, i.e. 1 neg drops you down so many places? :?
Not quite sure to be honest. Can't really see how it would affect auction listing but they do use it on Shop items where they don't have end date / time as such.Its based on the five star rating system for sellers as well as feedback though.

If he didn't want to sell them that cheaply, he should've put a reserve on, or pulled the auction before the end. We're always being told that "You Bid To Buy", so what's sauce for the goose etc I'd send him an e mail gently reminding him of his contractual obligation, and that you'll NEG him if he doesn't oblige - you may find that his 100% is worth more than the extra he got on the wheelz.

If he didn't want to sell them that cheaply, he should've put a reserve on, or pulled the auction before the end. We're always being told that "You Bid To Buy", so what's sauce for the goose etc I'd send him an e mail gently reminding him of his contractual obligation, and that you'll NEG him if he doesn't oblige - you may find that his 100% is worth more than the extra he got on the wheelz.

Too late! :oops: But thanks for the advice. That would probably have been the correct way to do it...Wonder if I've been a bit hasty then, still more money for the pub this weekend.