I Can Haz VAZ 2108

Semi-C

Following the recent seperation from my long term road car there was both a space on my drive and an 'ole in my heart.

Thoughts immediately turned to what could possibly replace a 1975 Ford Cortina 2000E.

With hopes dashed regarding the acquisition of the locally "abandoned" Proton I was starting to worry that nothing adequate would show itself...

I needn't have worried.

With 31.5 K beneath it's wheels and all the allure of a Facel Vega HK 500 I took delivery (muchos thankos Adam) of J274 BVG.

post-7430-0-14841000-1397468078_thumb.jpg

post-7430-0-74968200-1397468192_thumb.jpg

Next stop, gentle recommissioning pending full service resumption.

Bloosshk..!

Beautiful ! I'm very jealous, especially if it is the 1500cc version.

Edit : They're somewhat rust-prone, so make sure you pump it full of Dinitrol while you still can.

Ta very much.

Tis indeed a 1500, a rather solid example at that. I think all that's saved it is an extended period of inactivity following the previous owner clarting the drivers side mirror off it, many aeons back.

I'm already in talks with Bilt-Hamber regarding possible future sponsorship.

Winner! My dad bought one new many moons back and really liked it.

Cheers.

Owing to it's meagre mileage, I'm feeling like I've almost bought this one new. It still has it's supplying dealer plates and brace of windough stickers.

Came with a dead smart "Lada Care Extras" pamphlet too, after I've had it laminated I'll stick a pic or two up.

That's proper Autoshite, that is.  Of the several Ladas I've owned, none has been young enough to be a Samara*, so I'll be interested to see how this one fares.  Talk to KruJoe, he's restored one.  IIRC, legend had it (20 years ago-ish) that the fuel pumps were a bit fragile, so that might be something to check out.

*Actually that isn't strictly true, as the last one was a 1989 G, and Samaras were already available by then.... but this one was a Riva.

• 2 months later...

Isn't this the one from Bury St. Edmunds way? I'm sure it's the one I inquired about a little while back?

I did source this very conveyance from the other side of Berry Street Edmounds to my residence, Sapiston to be precise.

Did you view it in the flesh?

I thought it must be the one. It was on Facebook so I contacted the owner and had a chat as I fancied it to bring to shitefest. In the end I decided against it as although it did sound ideal I'd decided just to stick with the Acclaim instead for the time being.

I thought it must be the one. It was on Facebook so I contacted the owner and had a chat as I fancied it to bring to shitefest. In the end I decided against it as although it did sound ideal I'd decided just to stick with the Acclaim instead for the time being.

Tink it was on Farcebaulk, not where I see'd it though.

I had hoped to recommission it and rip on over Shitefest way myself but perpetual grafting put paid to that.

Now it's road-running, the aim is to polish some of the visible peanuts out of it and generally drink it in.....aaahhh

Wow, what a survivor. I've never heard of a 'Sedona(?)' is it a local dealer special.

Love the body kit. Will be quite different to drive to a Mk3 Cortina I imagine.

I have tried to find out more info regarding the Sedona markings, nay joy. It has got a shirt button steering wheel fitted along with it's swish skirt kit, proper little boy duffer racer aren't we..

The original supplying dealer is still trading, I intend to pop in there next weekend, see if anybody remains from it's glorious Lada-days.

You imagine right on the Mk3 Cortina/Samara driving similarities, definitely different.

Talk to KruJoe, he's restored one.

Only on here would the KruJoe / Will Samara be described as 'restored' ;-) . (Rightly so, though, obviously.)

I missed this the first time round - looks like a wee sweetie, great purchase. I'm especially taken with those seats, too.

Nice one, looking forward to more reports...

• 5 months later...

....ahem...anyway, been a while so, I thought I'd get updated and that.

I have had the Samara parked up since July, partly due to my Transit being fantastic and partly (solely...???) due to the brakes being dog eggs!

All manner of fiddling has ensued, most of it pointlessly unsuccessful the rest of it being futile.

Seing as I had a fair old break from work over the festive period I thought I'd have another stab at 'em...

(due to the equinox/truffle oil shortages/mandrake attack, I took no pickchures of anything....sorry about that)

Where things sit today: Braking is as good as I reckon it's going to be, without changing every component (AGAIN). Pedal isn't as soggy as it once was & for that I am full of rejoice.

WP_20150108_001.jpg

Fitted my christmas prezzie steering wheel, top stuff!

WP_20150108_002.jpg

Anybody want the old "mountney" type wheel out of it?

WP_20150108_003.jpg

MOT booked for this Saturday lunchtime, WCPGW....