Autoshite Help/Information/Posting hints etc.

daveb47

I have just edited skin to hopefully fix this,can someone please test.

thanks

If this is about the right click menu being unavailable in the full editor then it's still broke. Sorry :(

While I'm here...

How do I quote someone, other than a member of this 'ere forum?

Earlier on I found myself wanting to quote Winston Churchill. I used the quote button but it just said "quote", so I wanted to change this to "Winston Churchill said" or similar. I managed to get it in the editor but in the preview it still just said "quote", and then it kind of deleted all the text I'd written (not that most of my posts are undeserving of being deleted...) On other forums I can just write the code in square brackets with the name of the person or whatever in inverted commas ('cos it's bleedin' obvious), I can see that does the quote thing on here too, however it still just says "Quote" whatever I put in the box.

I agree, it's not much of an issue to anyone who knows what the keyboard shortcuts are, plus the icons in the taskbar (?) do the job, albeit in a wierd kind of way.

Still not getting anywhere with the quote thing.

All you need is spikes

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote"><cite class="ipb" contenteditable="false">Quote</cite>All you need is spikes<p></p><p><br></p></blockquote>

Hmm :?

Oh dear, I think I've been hanging round forriners for too long and I've stopped making sense :(

Input text

All you need is spikes

Highlight

Click Quote icon    attachicon.gifquote.png

Or click Quote icon then add text

The line at the top there "daveb47, on 19 Jul 2014  1:15 PM, said:" I would like to know how to either edit it or input my own text so it says something else, e.g. "Vlad TepeÅ¡, on 19 Jul 1463 1:15 PM, said:

All you need is spikes

• 2 weeks later...