Autoshite Help/Information/Posting hints etc.

daveb47

Erm...

This is embarrassing but...

I want to put a picture in the towns thread and I don't know how.

Do I just copy the image link and put it in IMG tags?

Just click on 'more reply options' in your reply and "choose file"

Upload a photo from there hopefully.

Is anyone else seeing 'Phishing Warning' as reported by Dave21478? I have tested a number of threads in IE11, Edge, Chrome 58.x and Firefox 53.x and I don't get them.

I've tested in both Windows 10, Windows 7 and Ubuntu 11.x to no avail.

I'm keen to get to the bottom of the issue so if anyone else gets these warnings - suspected to be on threads with external links like the Ebay Tat thread, or the Cars and Girls one - please let me know when you got the issue, the browser you were using (ideally including version) and OS. If you want a beige star, test in another browser and see if you get the same behaviour.

Thanks!

Weirdly, its stopped doing it on the ebay thread.

On this thread

http://autoshite.com/topic/15053-a-communal-list-of-women-wed-like-to-shag-given-half-a-chancensfw/page-81

I get a "Dangerous" warning in the address bar on most pages and for example on page 85

http://autoshite.com/topic/15053-a-communal-list-of-women-wed-like-to-shag-given-half-a-chancensfw/page-85

it flips the fuck out completely, I just get a big red screen telling me its a phishing site.

post-17837-0-12322700-1495700096_thumb.jpg

Sorry its in forrin, but the gist is its a phishing site and www.qlocal.co.uk could try to install malware or phish for passwords blah blah blah.

I run windows 7 starter edition, with Chrome version 58.0.3029.110

My apologies if this is only a problem at my end, but I have never seen this on Autoshite before, and could happily browse those pages up until a couple of days ago without problem.

I can't replicate it in Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari or Edge I'm afraid, all on Windows 7 Proffeshiunal. It's been fine on my virtual desktop at work too which I must stop using as I've heard rumors about web activity being monitored...

Googling about though, google thinks qlocal has been hacked. Is it possible to search our DB and see if there's a link been posted or similar instances of qlocal and just delete it?

post-5612-0-10582800-1495709689_thumb.jpg

Erm...

This is embarrassing but...

I want to put a picture in the towns thread and I don't know how.

Do I just copy the image link and put it in IMG tags?

In the text editor there's a button to add photos, it's the polaroid icon next to the two hyperlink buttons (chains). Click it, paste an image link in the box and press OK.

If it's on an image hosting website, just click share, find the BBCode and just paste that into the main text editor window, the image button doesn't like those.

Anyone else super picky like me and think there are way too many pinned post on the main board at the mo?

Sorry to moan.

Agree, couple have been 'unpinned' and one or two more might go soon.

Is there anyway to show autotrader images ?. As these images seem to be rendered from the server rather than static jpgs or pngs and there's no extension on the URL you get the error.

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

http://pictures2.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=db5f12cc304d4d319e4ee115fbb89fda

I haven't tried this on AT, but in general if you use a picture off the internet and get that message, if you click on the page that hosts the picture, then click on the image itself and then use 'copy' it works.

*Edit: no, that doesn't work for AutoTrader, soz.

I have a friend who has signed up for an account on here, but he's heard no more for a while - is there something he's missing? He's pretty keen to get in here...

Before the switch over to the new server, the old system wasn't sending out emails. So registration didn't work properly. It appears that has been fixed now. Get him to either resign up, or goto forgotten password and try resetting it.

Ref. people emailing the site to ask why they haven't been added to the forum, or for any other reason, I'm afraid I have to admit I'm too thick to work out where their messages actually are on this website (we get a strange notification thing) or how to respond. The best thing possibly is for them to try again hang on until we get time to go through the requests, or if they already know someone on here, ask them to message one of the team. That's a poor reply and  I do apologise, I just can't work out how to access responses at the moment.

Obviously we do work through new member requests asap, but anything that looks dodgy (and believe me, a lot do) are back heeled.