Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
Info

Autoshite Help/Information/Posting hints etc.

Info

• This topic is locked
697 replies to this topic

#661 OFFLINE   daveb47

daveb47

Nobody

• Full Members
  • 4,698 posts
  • 86 thanks
  • LocationUpminster Essex

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:06 PM

I am too stupid to understand how to do that.
I can't see any of the right buttons.

On the right at top of board is your name,click on little arrow next to it then click on Manage Ignore Prefs

When you are dead you dont know you are dead.
It is difficult only for others!

It is the same when you are stupid!

6239064947.png

#662 ONLINE   Arthur Foxhake

Arthur Foxhake

• Full Members
  • 537 posts
  • 5 thanks

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:29 PM

Done.
Thank you.

#663 OFFLINE   Mr_Bo11ox

Mr_Bo11ox

• Full Members
  • 22,473 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • LocationUttoxeter/Derby

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:34 AM

Is anyone else getting shedloads of 'Driver error' problems this morning?

PIGEONZ NEST

CHECK OUT MY AWARD-WINNING SHITE-FIXING BLOG HERE

"THE 2.3 POWERTRAIN IS A SILENT IS AS A FISH, AND IT PULLS LIKE A GREAT"
"The engine has airbrushed skulls on it"

"Car shows are full of mentals talking tosh"

#664 OFFLINE   daveb47

daveb47

Nobody

• Full Members
  • 4,698 posts
  • 86 thanks
  • LocationUpminster Essex

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:43 AM

got a doctors appointmen,will check it out when i get back.

Hopefully sorted,a crashed database table for some reason

When you are dead you dont know you are dead.
It is difficult only for others!

It is the same when you are stupid!

6239064947.png

#665 OFFLINE   Eddie Honda

Eddie Honda

• Full Members
  • 2,883 posts
  • 18 thanks

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:45 AM

The text in this post ain't wrapping: http://autoshite.com...19#entry1225080

#666 OFFLINE   tinribs

tinribs

• Full Members
  • 148 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:35 PM

It won't wrap if there's no space in it.

Wishlist: Talbot Samba  K11 Micra
RIP: '83 Talbot Samba  '89 Austin Metro  '86 Vauxhall Cavalier  '86 Ford Fiesta  '97 Citroen Saxo

My Autoshite Picture Archive

#667 OFFLINE   Eddie Honda

Eddie Honda

• Full Members
  • 2,883 posts
  • 18 thanks

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:58 PM

Aye, but if there was a set maximum number of characters before a forced wrap.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

#668 OFFLINE   tinribs

tinribs

• Full Members
  • 148 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:37 AM

Ah! Some forums do all

ow an enforced wrap. I

t is not visually pleasing

to read and will not wo

rk on monitors or table

ts of varying widths.

And we see posts that wrap but only fill

half the width of the page "for mobiles" etc

Every forum I've ever used and administrated (ooh err!) has that problem. How to make everyone happy?

Not possible. So let's go for the least evil option. As typing 100 letter words isn't really normal in any language...the developers probably decide to ignore it and allow it to stretch the forum widthways. Only a troll would post "WWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" etc anyway. And there are banhammers for those twats.

Or else
to the

widescreen

users they

get a strip

of text to

read in
middle of
their page.

:)

• Eddie Honda likes this
Wishlist: Talbot Samba  K11 Micra
RIP: '83 Talbot Samba  '89 Austin Metro  '86 Vauxhall Cavalier  '86 Ford Fiesta  '97 Citroen Saxo

My Autoshite Picture Archive

#669 OFFLINE   Louise2cv

Louise2cv

• Full Members
  • 2,608 posts
  • 5 thanks

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:19 AM

Erm...

This is embarrassing but...

I want to put a picture in the towns thread and I don't know how.

Do I just copy the image link and put it in IMG tags?

#670 OFFLINE   Bobthebeard

Bobthebeard

Bobthebeard

• Full Members
  • 4,222 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • LocationDoing a U turn where possible.

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:04 AM

Erm...

Just click on 'more reply options' in your reply and "choose file"
Upload a photo from there hopefully.
Nervously prodding at rust since 1978

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 3.1 V6 (Almost* restored)
2002 MG ZT 2.5 KV6. AKA Warrior
2002 Saab 9-5 2.3t Auto estate. (Daily driver)
2001 Rover 75 2.5 KV6 Connoisseur
2001 Saab 9-3 2.0t Convertible. (Autobox problem to sort out)
2000 Rover 75 1.8 Auto.

#671 OFFLINE   clayts450

clayts450

• Full Members
  • 343 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationNottingham

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:21 AM

Okay, I give up - what does FTP stand for on Autoshite please (when referring to breakdowns) ?

My shite CV 1986-date

1986-1988 1969 VW Beetle 1300 (two years)

1988-1990 1977 Morris Marina 1.3 Super (two years)

approx 1998 1983 Skoda Estelle 120L (a month)

approx 1998 year unknown marque forgotten Metro engine size, who cares (a month)

approx 1998 1998 brand new Vauxhall Corsa hire car (failed to start one morning, AA called) (a week)

1999 year unknown Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6 (Dad knockoff, fucked it within a week)

1999-2016 semi-retired from driving due to previous choice of shite cars

2017 2004 Rover Streetwise S 1.4 84ps

#672 OFFLINE   johngarty

johngarty

• Full Members
  • 311 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:36 AM

Okay, I give up - what does FTP stand for on Autoshite please (when referring to breakdowns) ?

Fail to proceed

Thanked by 1 Member:
clayts450

#673 OFFLINE   Stanky

Stanky

Forum Bursar

• Full Members
  • 1,627 posts
  • 40 thanks
  • LocationFareham

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:06 PM

Is anyone else seeing 'Phishing Warning' as reported by Dave21478? I have tested a number of threads in IE11, Edge, Chrome 58.x and Firefox 53.x and I don't get them.

I've tested in both Windows 10, Windows 7 and Ubuntu 11.x to no avail.

I'm keen to get to the bottom of the issue so if anyone else gets these warnings - suspected to be on threads with external links like the Ebay Tat thread, or the Cars and Girls one - please let me know when you got the issue, the browser you were using (ideally including version) and OS. If you want a beige star, test in another browser and see if you get the same behaviour.

Thanks!

• plumbertony likes this
1996 Nissan Almera GX (departed)
2003 Toyota Yaris
2004 SAAB 9-3

Posted Image

#674 OFFLINE   dave21478

dave21478

• Full Members
  • 2,997 posts
  • 9 thanks
  • LocationFrance

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:19 AM

Weirdly, its stopped doing it on the ebay thread.

On this thread

http://autoshite.com...ncensfw/page-81

I get a "Dangerous" warning in the address bar on most pages and for example on page 85

http://autoshite.com...ncensfw/page-85

it flips the fuck out completely, I just get a big red screen telling me its a phishing site.

Sans titre.jpg

Sorry its in forrin, but the gist is its a phishing site and www.qlocal.co.uk could try to install malware or phish for passwords blah blah blah.

I run windows 7 starter edition, with Chrome version 58.0.3029.110

My apologies if this is only a problem at my end, but I have never seen this on Autoshite before, and could happily browse those pages up until a couple of days ago without problem.

#675 OFFLINE   beko1987

beko1987

Shonky old Citroen

• Full Members
  • 10,779 posts
  • 19 thanks
  • LocationThame, Oxon

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:57 AM

I can't replicate it in Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari or Edge I'm afraid, all on Windows 7 Proffeshiunal. It's been fine on my virtual desktop at work too which I must stop using as I've heard rumors about web activity being monitored...

Googling about though, google thinks qlocal has been hacked. Is it possible to search our DB and see if there's a link been posted or similar instances of qlocal and just delete it?

qlocal.JPG

2005 Gooner2 2.2dci Auto ex taxi (apparently) (Ex Kiltox)

2008 orl Vauxhalls r Shit Zafira 1.8 SRI 140 (Hers)

#676 OFFLINE   Stanky

Stanky

Forum Bursar

• Full Members
  • 1,627 posts
  • 40 thanks
  • LocationFareham

Posted 25 May 2017 - 01:22 PM

Thanks both, we'll have a look later on today.

1996 Nissan Almera GX (departed)
2003 Toyota Yaris
2004 SAAB 9-3

Posted Image

#677 ONLINE   Nyphur

Nyphur

• Full Members
  • 2,350 posts
  • 8 thanks

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:00 PM

One of the images is hosted on qlocal.co.uk, which itself is flagged by Google as a nasty. So its nothing to do with AS, its the remote content thats causing the alert.

If you delete that image, the alert will go.

Capture.PNG

• Stanky and beko1987 like this

LAST OWNER WAS SON OF A BANKER

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. And if it is broke just ignore it, and maybe it'll be sort of OK...?

#678 OFFLINE   beko1987

beko1987

Shonky old Citroen

• Full Members
  • 10,779 posts
  • 19 thanks
  • LocationThame, Oxon

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:38 PM

There it is! Can you kill it? Loads of other older links don't work, one more won't be noticed...

2005 Gooner2 2.2dci Auto ex taxi (apparently) (Ex Kiltox)

2008 orl Vauxhalls r Shit Zafira 1.8 SRI 140 (Hers)

#679 OFFLINE   Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

• Administrators
  • 725 posts
  • 132 thanks

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:44 PM

Deleted both images hosted on qlocal. There were only two, one in the ebay tat thread and one in the communal women thread.

• beko1987 likes this

#680 OFFLINE   Ghosty

Ghosty

Some people get all the breaks...

• Full Members
  • 5,662 posts
  • 6 thanks
  • LocationManchester

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:06 AM

Erm...

In the text editor there's a button to add photos, it's the polaroid icon next to the two hyperlink buttons (chains). Click it, paste an image link in the box and press OK.

If it's on an image hosting website, just click share, find the BBCode and just paste that into the main text editor window, the image button doesn't like those.

• Louise2cv and Slartibartfast like this

1987 Volvo 740 GLE | 1994 Rover 216SLi 

My name is Max!

#681 OFFLINE   Eddie Honda

Eddie Honda

• Full Members
  • 2,883 posts
  • 18 thanks

Posted 02 June 2017 - 03:51 PM

Autoshitetest.co.uk

Couldn't see a signin button top right on moby view. Had to go desktop to sign in

#682 OFFLINE   Eddie Honda

Eddie Honda

• Full Members
  • 2,883 posts
  • 18 thanks

Posted 02 June 2017 - 03:52 PM

Found it now

#683 OFFLINE   Louise2cv

Louise2cv

• Full Members
  • 2,608 posts
  • 5 thanks

Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:51 AM

Anyone else super picky like me and think there are way too many pinned post on the main board at the mo?

Sorry to moan.
  • M'coli, DeeJay, Cavcraft and 1 other like this

#684 OFFLINE   M'coli

M'coli

• Full Members
  • 7,181 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • LocationSemper semi somnus

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:51 AM

^^^ Yes.  Some I feel are temporary, though.

"How would ya get a maaa-chine to do that?"

#685 ONLINE   Cavcraft

Cavcraft

• Staff
  • 34,608 posts
  • 118 thanks
  • LocationI'm not a racist, I'm merely supporting my country! and central locking

Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:10 PM

Anyone else super picky like me and think there are way too many pinned post on the main board at the mo?

Sorry to moan.

Agree, couple have been 'unpinned' and one or two more might go soon.

"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain"

#686 ONLINE   cort16

cort16

3.5 tonnes maximum

• Full Members
  • 17,251 posts
  • 9 thanks
  • LocationScotland

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:03 PM

Is there anyway to show autotrader images ?. As these images seem to be rendered from the server rather than static jpgs or pngs and there's no extension on the URL you get the error.

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

http://pictures2.aut...e4ee115fbb89fda

I estimate this car needs £3000 maybe £4000 spending on it to get it rite and when this is done it will be wotrth about £1500!!

#687 ONLINE   Cavcraft

Cavcraft

• Staff
  • 34,608 posts
  • 118 thanks
  • LocationI'm not a racist, I'm merely supporting my country! and central locking

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:51 AM

I haven't tried this on AT, but in general if you use a picture off the internet and get that message, if you click on the page that hosts the picture, then click on the image itself and then use 'copy' it works.

*Edit: no, that doesn't work for AutoTrader, soz.

"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain"

#688 ONLINE   cort16

cort16

3.5 tonnes maximum

• Full Members
  • 17,251 posts
  • 9 thanks
  • LocationScotland

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:46 AM

I tried tagging &.jpg onto the end to try and trick it but that didn't work either .

I estimate this car needs £3000 maybe £4000 spending on it to get it rite and when this is done it will be wotrth about £1500!!

#689 OFFLINE   BenHar

BenHar

• Full Members
  • 737 posts
  • 7 thanks
  • LocationReigate, Surrey

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:02 PM

media.jpg

Save the image to your computer. Then go to "More reply options" and attach the saved image. Then "Add to post".

Bit of a pain but it works.

Ben

• Sheefag likes this

CHRIS1980, on 08 Jan 2016 - 8:37 PM, said:snapback.png

Your clearly thick....end of.

Thanked by 1 Member:
Sheefag

#690 ONLINE   cort16

cort16

3.5 tonnes maximum

• Full Members
  • 17,251 posts
  • 9 thanks
  • LocationScotland

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:00 PM

Yip, I know how to do that but it's be good to hotlink. Given the error message I wondered if it was a forum setting?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users