Autoshite Help/Information/Posting hints etc.

daveb47

I have intentionally limited editing of posts after Hirst pissed me off by deleleting ALL of his posts,well editing them to be blank when someone wound him up & i woulldnt ban them for him.

He is no longer a member.

Whilst Hirst's actions seem ott (although I don't know the whole story) could you consider reversing this decision please? Lots of us routinely edit the title of a thread to flag up new content in an old topic. Thanks.

Whilst Hirst's actions seem ott (although I don't know the whole story) could you consider reversing this decision please? Lots of us routinely edit the title of a thread to flag up new content in an old topic. Thanks.

I agree with this, but think an 'edited by/at' footer should perhaps also be included to record that the post has been edited. I regularly edit my posts because they're often laced with typos - and I sometimes think of something more to say when I re-read them later.

Decision is reversed for now.

Paypal "Donate" buttons now working.

It just comes up with a login option, if i don't it just shows a blank forum and if i do it says network error (login/Autoshite). All the other forums i use Tapatalk for work perfectly still. It's quite annoying i find Tapatalk is the easiest way to post and upload photos from my photo. I'm on Android.

I have intentionally limited editing of posts after Hirst pissed me off by deleleting ALL of his posts,well editing them to be blank when someone wound him up & i woulldnt ban them for him.

He is no longer a member.

They're his posts at the end of the day, he offered some money toward the upkeep of the site, and you refused to delete him after he wanted out.

What would you have done if you wanted to leave for good in those circumstances, Dave?

If Hirst wants to delete posts, that's his prerogative. No need to cut your nose off to spite your face and stop everyone from accessing the delete button. There were other options available and you forced it down this route. Remember, none of us have to be here. Why make it unpleasant?

The forum's loss.

If i want to leave a forum i do just that,he didnt have to log in.

Not quite as stated,i was asked to ban another member who he was having a spat with,when i wouldnt he told me to delete him & all his posts.

I wont do that as it can effect running of database.

There has never been an option to delete your own posts,edit yes but delete no.

For someone who doesnt want to be a member he is making a hellover fuss over getting what he wanted.

Asking to ban someone else is sort of unreasonable - that said one name immediately springs to mind (and they've gone a bit quiet). 

Even so I don't think disabling post deletion for everyone is really a good idea/response - I doubt most regular posters are abusing it etc.

I'm sure there was a delete button as I remember using it, it was next to 'report' -  a little box comes up saying 'Post deleted' when you used it.

Eh?  What do you have to do to get a warning?  Is there a maximum limit, or can a good lawyer get you off because you need your AS account for your job and your livelyhood will suffer if you get too many points?

It seems highly authoritarian to me...

• 2 weeks later...

Dave, is there any way we can have an image uploader on the mobile site please? :)

Even if its a simple only a simple uploader where you can add one image at a time. Tapatalk is temperamental and the full site version is fiddly on a mobile.

I have purchased a mobile skin that has an image uploader on it.

It will need considerable modification for use on here so i have installed it on another board. for testing purposes.

Can someonecheck it out on Android/iphone/ipad why and post comments on there so i can sort it.

http://recycleitfree.co.uk

user test

password testpass

daveb47... M8 :-P

MrStation posted a slew of piccies of the 'Toyota of Much Mintyness' within his sales thread.

I believe the whole lot was during the 'A$ forum Meltdown' episode. :-(

Did you 'park' all the detrius of that period in some interweb siding?? If so, what was its address & does all that data still exist/accessible.

I just want the piccies (or Station might kindly repost into my TotallyFixorating thread).

Ta!

TS