Original Tin magazine

155V6

Bloke called Peter who lives in Manchester. There were only 2 printed issues, then I think he tried to make it all web- based but its not really taken off - the OT website still says its under construction (and has been for about 18 months!):www.originaltin.co.ukYou can see some bits of the site if you use this link:http://www.originaltin.co.uk/current.html

Peter hasn't been on here for ages. Real shame as OT had the potential to be the new Jalopy. I was looking forward to Ish 3 which would have contained a witty little two-hander written by Spottedlaurel and myself about shite estate cars we have known :cry:

I like Car Mechanics, it's probably the car mag I consistently buy the most (because I still think Prac Clas is too patchy in quality), but it's obv. a lot more straitlaced than Original Tin. Plus as noted it's concentrating more on late 90's-on stuff, which in fairness is what most of the target readership will drive. That said Andrew Everett (who I recall was a budding journo on "Your Classic" back in the day) did a cracking feature on bringing an early E30 back from the dead last month, so the odd shite-type feature does get in.They do do the odd "let's buy a £20 shitter from auction and drive it from one of the end of the country to the other", which is GR8, and the "Cars To Keep Forever" features were pretty good too. The Survival Guides are also pretty useful if you're in the market for a 5-10yr old motah.PS - Father Ted's recent picture indicates to me that he is the spitting image of the new editor of CM :lol:

No, Peter Simpson's taken over as editor of Classic Car Weekly, so the assistant ed Martyn Knowles (?) is now the ed..I hope they don't do too many other BMW features, it's a make of car I will probably never own due to my inverted snobbery...

I hope they don't do too many other BMW features, it's a make of car I will probably never own due to my inverted snobbery...

That's ironic considering those that want to own them tend to do so for exactly that reason! :lol:
I'd rather drive something "council" than something that's common!

...Peter Simpson's taken over as editor of Classic Car Weekly...

Then here's a nice link for you to the OP.

Aside from that he wrote for me when I edited the 2CVGB club mag, Ian Seabrook - now the CCW deputy ed - made his journalistic debut on Original Tin.

Writing about his 2CV, of course :wink: