Xmas Autoshite South East/london meet up

AnthonyG

Cheers AG. Yes, the minxes (minxii?) are both still here. I'd tried to sell them but both sales got arsed up, mostly due to my own disorganisation and lack of time (faffing with interviews rather ate up the time available). TBH, I am now at total vehicle saturation point I think and something has gotta give... one minx is safely tucked up for now, but the other will become homeless shortly... and I've still my 2-door BMW, and the Touring, though the touring is in mateys workshop at the minute... plus there's the increasingly disgusting Mini that is oxidising faster than I can chop the rot out, and our focus... and I've just aquired myself a newish Astravan as well. ARGH!!!!

Bloody hell pog sounds like you've got about the same number of years of work sitting doing nowt, as I have.I am sort of glad to hear you still have the red minx as I was amazed at the originality and condition of the bodywork when I saw it at Farmer Franx. Just a shame that some cowboy has lashed the cover sills on over the old ones but IMO its defo worth persevering with, it looks a far nicer example than the blue one.

Aye, it's a nice enough old bus... it's only got one owner on the book before me, and a piffling mileage. Plus it runs like a sewing machine. The other one, I'm not fussed about too much.... not as "kool" and has been deffo an 'old-boy-lash-up' job. I'll just punt it on when I have some spare time. I've hardly touched the mini in weeks now and it's starting to depress me a bit, esp now all the seams are bubbling up. YUK. Might try and sack that one off: I have a mildly cunning plan to get some "cute" more modern wheels for the trouble and strife, that would also allow us to sell the hocus focus. Got a chap coming to look at the BMW at the weekend, I've just boshed some new heinously expensive tyres on it today but there's still a grumble coming from the back end (I was hoping an egged tyre was the culprit). Might just cut losses and let him have it fair cheap. Which after all that would take us down to 4 vehicles. Which is still 2 more than we really have space for. ACK!

I have a friend who might be interested in the red Super Minx if you need to get rid of it, but he's in West Wales. I don't know how much he'd want to pay though! :) Personally I agree with Mr B - even from the photos, which is all I've seen of course, the red one looks nicer than the blue one. The blue one looks like its full of wag from the pics.P.S wrote the above whilst you were doing likewise, glad to hear about the red'un!

SHIT PISS AND BUGGER IT. :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil: Mrs P. weasel has managed to get herself rostered on a late shift on wednesday. Which means parent duties. Which means not a snowflake in hell's chance of making it. AGAIN> GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!11!!!And all that after I had lobbed out £2.55 specifically for the event on a piece of 'Talbot Tagora' themed literature that I could brandish proudly as I entered the premises. :evil::evil: R.Welf, maybe you can cajole Seth into accepting my dog-guard temporarily, as he's the Shiter I'm likely to see soonest.

Yuh - it's tomorrow. So peace restored? It's already in the back of the 405 :lol: I am in Brum tomorrow, then got to drop a colleague in Farnborough on the way home - meeting scheduled to finish at 2pm but they can go on a bit - so hopefully be there somewhere between 6 and 8; but I WILL make it! 8)

Hello all, Mrs Seth here. I've got to take little Seth (the daughter) out tomorrow evening and Seth doesn't think I should take her on my own so he might not make it after all. Will continue to persuade him that I'll be fine. Whilst I'm sure he would have no problem with me driving, I think he's a bit worried about the daughter as her navigation is a bit poor :D.RegardsMrs SethPS The daughter is 2½

I guess those are all a bit "classic" rather than shite but PaulH has a photo of the Talbot Tagora that turned up once! So you never know!

Can you get him to post it? :D
Indeed I can!! There's quite a few pics, so here's the whole album from that evening Clicky :DI should be there at the Ace too with the Amazon 8)

I drove into the office in London today so I'll be at the Ace tonight :D

Roll call:

r.welfare

pandemonium

Spottedlaurel

Pogweasel

Paul H - Amazon

GarethJ - VW Beetle (Herbie) 07710 532614

Feel free to update with your car at least and phone number if you like. I don't know anyone from here and I don't want to spend the evening walking round asking every stranger about Alpines.

They might think I'm talking about

Posted Image

instead of

Posted Image

See you there :D

Gareth

All packed and ready to go SL!!!!!

Arse....If I'd known that You two were meeting up (i.e. if i'd had time to visit the site within the past week or two), I'd have found a way of getting the brochures that I have set aside for You (somewhere) across to S.L! :roll:

Received an invite from Wuvvum last night, but sadly it's the same old story with me....I'm back on permanent nights, and working 14-16 hour shifts, so even if I'd been able to blag a night off, I'd be half-dead anyway! :?

Hopefully ONE DAY I'll be able to attend something Autoshite related....Meantime, have fun all, and look forward to the pics! :wink:

Roll call:r.welfarepandemoniumSpottedlaurel O7796 178OO1 (rarely used, don’t try to contact me on it in normal circumstances!)PogweaselPaul H - AmazonGarethJ - VW Beetle (Herbie) 07710 532614wuvvum - 304

I will be there - probably later on around 7 or so. I will be driving a Ford Ka, so I don't think I'll be let into the car park!

Looks like I'm on. Saab will be doing the honors :D r.welfarepandemoniumSpottedlaurel O7796 178OO1 (rarely used, don’t try to contact me on it in normal circumstances!)PogweaselPaul H - AmazonGarethJ - VW Beetle (Herbie) 07710 532614wuvvum - 304AnthonyGSeth

woo hoo!Well, fingers crossed I'll make it. My only working / legal vehicle has started spitting the dummy today... You'd expect it from shite, but this is my "03" Astravan :? Sometimes it decides 2500rpm is optimum idling speed, sometimes 0rpm. Bum. And the thermostat has gone kaput too. No heater. Nice.