Xmas Autoshite South East/london meet up

AnthonyG

I was thinking that its been more than a year since the last AS meet up that was vaguely South East based, in a pub in Hertfordshire. Present were myself, R.Welfare, Spotted Laurel (the 'Japanese car walking encyclopedia' according to PC!), Seth, Paul H and Johnny 69 (apologies if I have left anybody out)Just thinking, as there are several of us in or close by King Ken's car hating capital (say what you'd like, I'd still rather him than Boris Johnson), and a few others close(ish) by, if there was any enthuiasm for a London based AS meet up? This could take the form of a car based meet up in a suburban hostelry, or even just a piss up somewere reasonably central?Just gauging the intersest at the moment = obviously Xmas is a busy time for those with wives,children, old shite etc.Regards all

Would like to go to an Autoshite meet, but London is a bit too far for me considering I'd have to drive back home afterwards.Still, appreciate that most of you are down south!

Reckon I could pour my ample arse into the Domino to cheer you up, although North London is alien territory for me how about the Ace café?

The Ace is fine by me but then I'm local :wink: If that becomes the chosen venue then it would be important to avoid any other organised night or we probably wouldn't be allowed into the car park.

Reckon I could pour my ample arse into the Domino to cheer you up, although North London is alien territory for me how about the Ace café?

The Ace is fine by me but then I'm local :wink: If that becomes the chosen venue then it would be important to avoid any other organised night or we probably wouldn't be allowed into the car park.
What's say we gatecrash the Nissan Primera owners' club meet on the 8th Dec :P:twisted: Seriously the place looks pretty booked up - although I note in their diary that some of the events are in the morning - does anybody have an idea of the 'etiquette' surrounding organising a meet there. Alternatively anybody have any other ideas for a location? - I suppose we could all just turn up at a specific Little Chef or motorway service station, which although having some irony value, dosen't strike me as particularly appealing!

Well considering where those you have expressed an interest are from and with the Ace being suggested but not really viable is the general North West London area a sensible location? I suppose ideally somewhere on the public transport network but also easily accessible by road for those coming from far away. If so then I'd be happy to search out and suggest an alternative location.

Well considering where those you have expressed an interest are from and with the Ace being suggested but not really viable is the general North West London area a sensible location? I suppose ideally somewhere on the public transport network but also easily accessible by road for those coming from far away. If so then I'd be happy to search out and suggest an alternative location.

I'm happy with that, but then I live in Ealing most of the time so I would be!If you could take over organising duties Seth I would be most grateful :) , as I have a busy time at work this week and am also having to organise the bodywork repair of a two month old car :shock::( after a minor accident!

Fields make me nervous. It all depends on the weather, and whether the ground is flat or not. The last field I drove into and parked in caused me a little embarrassment as I needed a tow "up" to the gate as the Jag buried itself sill deep into the soft wet earth. It doesn't matter how gentle you are with the throttle on a 320bhp heavy rwd car on wet grass / soft earth. I recall the queue of Freelanders and Discoveries all pointing and guffawing as I bow to the superiority of the 40 year old Landie as it tows me to the top. And yes the gradient between me and the gate wouldn't have worried a tennis ball. :oops:

Some suggestions:

ideally somewhere on the public transport network

The Doric Arch (formerly 'The Head of Steam'), is pretty well connected and easy to find - in front of Euston station. Not much good if people want to drive, but would fit the bill for a piss up.

but also easily accessible by road for those coming from far away

..that complicates matters a little! The Archway Tavern is bang on the A1 and close to Archway tube, but parking may be a challenge. Alternatively, The Flask in Highgate is a veery nice pub; parking relatively OK, but it's a half mile walk from the tube up a fairly noticable hill.There are also a few pubs in Edgware which meet both criteria, but it's not such a nice place to go out.

Not necessarily Reg - last time we had our customary 1 pint and then on the soft stuff for the rest of the evening. I seem to recall the grub wasn't bad. Rest assured we didn't all drive home, supping whisky from a saucer, looking for bus queues to mow down.

Rest assured we didn't all drive home, supping whisky from a saucer, looking for bus queues to mow down.

I wasn't suggesting anybody did or would - infact I was interested to know what route people took instead, that was all. I'm sure one person wouldn't want to end up being 'the only one drinking', 'the only one not drinking' etc.....

supping whisky from a saucer

you liked my line enough to regurgitate it back to me, I'm touched! :wink:

That boozer near Watford we went to last time no good, then?

Well its not on the tube/train but otherwise I see no reason why not. Its listed as a "restaurant - pub food" on Yell but they didn't seem to mind the small bunch of reprobates that turned up unannounced last time :wink: Oh, its here by the way: The Fishery Inn, Watford Road WD6 3BE.Any objections?