Down and dirty

25v6turbo

My Rat look mk1 Triumph 2000 is coming along a treat,its hanging,but fully roadworthy,but how do i make it look as dirty as possible on the outside,i know a few very dirty,grimmy roads over near the airport(Heathrow) and also out near the A25 near Guildford,but i guess i need to wait for the salt to be laid???,i want it to look terrible on the outside,but the interior is nice and clean!!!,the chrome is all rusty,paintwork is utter crap,and rust is coming out everywhere,but i want more,and ideas??,i know a local quarry which every truck is covered with crap,but i,am not aloud in!!

Chalk and cheese,its the same with my raleigh choppers,i own a minter thats had serious money spent on it,and a shed that looks like its been dragged from the local canel....its the same with the Triumphs,55 Bloke both the 25 V6 Turbo,and my V6 Safrane are now under cover in storage,i saw the 25 last week and it reminded me of how nice that car is,and rare,flew through its MOT.

...i want it to look terrible on the outside,but the interior is nice and clean!!!

I acheived that with my Mk1 Rover 827Si by driving it in the rain on grimey roads, however my car was of a light colour colour (Pulsar Silver) I take it your Triumph is of a darker colour hence making it look dirty will be harder achieved.

Lord Sterling

Go out in the rain, find some countryside and lanes and go in/out of field entrances wheelspinning like a loon. That's what we used to do to hide rotten inner arches and bodges on cars before taking to the auctions.

Drive up to Mildenhall one Saturday evening and give her a blast round the shale raceway. You may have to remove all windows and glass first and all the trim, add a bit of paint and hope she doesn't get too bent in the process but you'll have a whole lot of fun 8) Nice to have another Raleigh Chopper owner on here too!

however my car was of a light colour colour (Pulsar Silver) I take it your Triumph is of a darker colour hence making it look dirty will be harder achieved.

Lord Sterling

Have you had a black car? Strange as it sounds they show up dirt very well! So too does my dark met grey R14, I would wash it but it never looked any different!

My Rat look mk1 Triumph 2000 is coming along a treat,its hanging,but fully roadworthy,but how do i make it look as dirty as possible on the outside

Park it up for a morning at the side of a 60mph road close to which there is a major construction project underway, then turn it round 180 deg at lunchtime. It will be filthy within MINUTES

• 5 weeks later...