Rare sierras

Bren

About 10 years ago I has a Sierra xr4i - not the three door bi plane type, but a 5 door with the i4 twin cam engine. It was a limited edition model, mine was a 1990 g plate.

I cannot recall ever seeing another. A bit like the old 2.0 is , I cannot remember when I last saw one, I must have been at school.

It is a possibility that there are none left.

Aye the CAT rules only came into force here in 1992, they were selling 1.6 5 speed pintos right up until production end - using up the stash of parts on the "azura" spec.

back in 1998 I had a Sierra 1.3 base with a pinto OHC and dangly mirrors. No grey grille though . Good god was that a slow car, cant be many of those left. B634BGA

Guest bangerfan101

the very early mk1 with the 1.3 pinto . a very rare beast indeed , f2 stockcar lads will pay a small fortune for the diff out of one of these too

In the 90s my step-granddad had a black mk1 2.0i GLS DOHC on a D plate. I rather liked the mk2 GLS but didn't see many other mk1 GLS Sierra's back then (Off to Google Images)

Here is the 1986 Sierra 2.0i GLS which I cannot remember seeing many of.

gls1_zps5483249c.jpg

But I actually really liked these at one time

gls_zpsdd8fd9eb.jpg

I'm sure they did a rear wheel drive twin cam xr4i that was a reasonably low spec affair. It was one above the LX and had just a slightly sportier interior and rear spoiler.

I remember one being at a local shite auction years ago and being impressed at how low rent it was.

Aye the CAT rules only came into force here in 1992, they were selling 1.6 5 speed pintos right up until production end - using up the stash of parts on the "azura" spec...

Can we all agree never EVER to mention the Sierra Azura again?  The very thought of the POS Domestic Management had still makes me twitch twenty years later...

:ssch00101:

;)

the very early mk1 with the 1.3 pinto . a very rare beast indeed , f2 stockcar lads will pay a small fortune for the diff out of one of these too

I sold it for scrap as it was like trying to sell a cockroach infestation. Not a single call despite me asking £150 with 5 months test left. Got £60 for it in the end. Incredibly someone bought it out of the yard and it lived another year or so.

I sold it for scrap as it was like trying to sell a cockroach infestation. Not a single call despite me asking £150 with 5 months test left. Got £60 for it in the end. Incredibly someone bought it out of the yard and it lived another year or so.

I would take your arm off for a 1.3 Sierra base I need that kind of misery in my life