For Sale: Sandglow Wedge Opportunity

Sam Glover

Apologies for all the car-pushing, of late. My purge is continuing.

I've recently acquired a Sandglow Allegro and Wedge from the inimitable Mr Richard Gunn.

The Allegro is most definitely a keeper. The Wedge I had earmarked for a German friend... but annoyingly, he's just said 'nein'.

It needs a loving home – and I'm open to low offers. 

It's a 1978 2200HLS in exotic Sandglow with an erotic brown velour interior.

Bad: The alternator's not generating any current, the electric fan doesn't cut in, the gearchange is shite and one of the brake circuits has ejected its fluid from somewhere. The body and underside have plenty of rust patches, dents and less-than-seamless past repairs… nothing MoT-threatening, though.

Good: It's fundamentally good mechanically, the interior's decent and it's covered 66k miles. It's really quite nice to drive. Richard spent £1k recommissioning it in mid-2011.

Restoring it would be quite a job, but it wouldn't take much time or money to get it MoT'd and working nicely.

Wedge No.1 is still up for grabs FOC.

Sam

Wedge2.jpg

Wedge3.jpg

Wedge4.jpg

Wedge5.jpg

Wedge6.jpg

Wedge7.jpg

Wedge8.jpg

Wedge9.jpg

Wedge10.jpg

This is rather nice.  The one Princess I've owned was a 2200 manual.  Went OK and sounded nice, but was anything but sporty - I found myself constantly running out of revs whenever I tried to make it pick up its skirts.  Still one of the comfiest cars I've ever owned mind.

This is rather nice.  The one Princess I've owned was a 2200 manual.  Went OK and sounded nice, but was anything but sporty - I found myself constantly running out of revs whenever I tried to make it pick up its skirts. 

Half of this lot should sort that out, especially if he has another Maestro manifold somewhere...

$_58.JPG

Price reduced from £low offers to £very low offers.

It's really quite fast. And it benefits from a highly exotic straight-six howl, thanks to a sporty leak in the exhaust (just a badly-seated front joint section, I think). There's sport to be had revving it in crowded town centres, then basking in the looks of disappointment as onlookers pinpoint to source of the noise. 'Oooohhh, look at the sports car Timmy... Oh no! Look away Timmy. That's not a sports car – it's a bad man.'

Sam