Scrap cars gone down to £5 per ton

mr-reno-139

Will that not just be for that yard though? Sounds a bit like they've overstocked on the frag and are offering bare minimum instead of turning stuff away. Be nice to see the effect come next free-listing day if it spreads to other yards though.

Stock piling for the next big event I'm told as some got burnt fingers (everybody say aahh). I heard twenty rips a tonne but not as low as you mention but not doubting it either.As Pog said, papers etc will be chock full of shit Transits masquerading as MOT exempt because some pinhead sold them a form for a fiver on eGay. No mind the fact they've never seen any maintenance/servicing, the chassis will be full of filler and undersealed over and VOSA will rip you a new arsehole if they catch you in it. I cannot flaming wait for the day VOSA clamp down on the twonks who try and bend the MOT rules and start taking their trucks off them, and believe me it will happen.

Could also explain this..

http://www.swapz.co.uk/swapz/automotive ... iles_ll18/

Please do not fill the Collecting car with rubbish but any old tools, car parts, Alloys, Bodykits are welcome as we may need them in future Thanks.

Yes, yes of course :roll:

I wondered why people have started to offer me cheap shitters again.At the moment I've got an L reg Übershitter Laguna and an M reg Escrot. Both with huge amounts of MOT and some tax, both for sale @ £250 each..

From another forum and quoted from a newspaper I would surmise...

"Scrap group EMR denies talk of financial problems

Friday, 10 October 2008

European Metal Recycling, the UK-based scrap multinational, has rejected what it called "fanciful and wild" rumours regarding its independence and financial health.

"Despite unprecedented market conditions, EMR finds itself in a strong position going into the last quarter of its financial year. Market conditions favoured the industry in the first half of the year and EMR (was) well placed to take advantage on the back of a strong prior year performance" the company says in a statement sent to Steel Business Briefing.

EMR remains "fiercely independent" and is not subject to a takeover despite rumours to the contrary, the company asserts. The performance of the firm's operations is strong and US operations have not filed for bankruptcy protection, according to the statement. Rumours that the company has a large financial exposure to collapsed bank Lehman Brothers are also false and Colin Iles, who was alleged to have stepped down, remains group MD and CEO of US operations.

In the UK one supplier was refused cover by a credit insurer because of industry rumours, but this decision was reversed once the insurer received "updated information" on 2007 statutory and management accounts, according to EMR.

The company refuses to comment on rumours that it is carrying excessive stock and is making a loss on some sales transactions. SBB has been told by one source that EMR is losing up to €200/tonne on sales of scrap that was bought while prices were higher. Also, one merchant dealing with the company said it had been told by EMR’s Dutch operations that they were being fined €20,000 a day for holding too much scrap on a dockside. "

So, refusing to comment: admission of guilt or nowt wrong?