Redressing the balance?

MrRegieRitmo

Just went to leave some neutral feedback for an eBay seller when I got this;....

You cannot leave negative or neutral Feedback for this PowerSeller within 7 days of the transaction. * In the mean time, email the seller or request additional contact information, such as a phone number, to resolve any issues.

Is this their way of back peddling & giving consideration (if not power) back to the sellers I wonder?

You should contact the seller to resolve any issues before leaving neutral or neg anyway. Give them a chance to refund you or whatever.Shame they didn't do this when numpty new ebayer buyers that didn't understand the system could just leave negative feedback willynilly.

Seems fair to me. If you have an issue with something you have bought, contacting the seller is a better way to resolve it than just leaving a neutral / negative anyway.If after you have contacted them it is still unsolved then neg / neutral away but try to resolve matters first.

You have to sell a minimum of x amount of stuff per month (£200?) and if you stop selling that much they take your Powerseller status away from you.

I think that 'powersellers' get more protection.

It struck me earlier, powersellers are the ones whose rating would be affected least by the odd neg here or there! (whereas if they retaliated on Joe Bloggs with a return neg it would do alot more damage. Which I'm sure is why they've disallowed negs from sellers.) But then there must be standards that powersellers have to uphold otherwise they could be dodgy as anything & get away with it because eBay is shielding them!

Ebay should give sellers a 10% or so buffer before their rating goes down. Means you can leave negative feedback if they are bad, plus if they have a high rating, the odd neg here and there will not knock their status down.Plus with powersellers, I guess HM Customs suddenly takes notice when such a status is achieved.

Plus with powersellers, I guess HM Customs suddenly takes notice when such a status is achieved.

VERY very true!Powersellers have to achieve a certain percentage feedback and have over a certain score for postage time etc to retain their Powerseller benefits and status. Also, Powersellers have to register as business sellers now to retain their benefits. Given this and that the basic cost of eBay Shops has increased means that those shop sellers on eBay now have to be far more professional to keep which does benefit eBay buyers.