xantia v6 exclusive shite?

stoterstangen90

Good Lord, that will be one rapid BX!V6 Xantias are deffo shite, just like any V6 Frog luxobarge - Safrane, Laguna, R25 (dare I say it?), 505, 605, 406. Or a Mond V6 for that matter. I hanker after a Cavalier V6 myself, as I will never find a V6 Tagora, obviously.

How difficult would that be (he asked slyly) cos I've a poverty spec BX I'm committed too -with no idea what to do with!E plate, 35000 (that 'lil old lady stuff) supposedly v clean -think 1400cc.A nice big engine sounds a good idea- if its a reasonably simple fit -i get exasperated when nothing lines up or co-operates!

a V6 Xantia? Didn't know there was such a thing! What engine does it have? Considering the Xantia filled the same segment as the BX, then that would have meant there should have been a BX V6 already!

3.0 litre 24v V6, same as the Pug 406...and maybe the same as the Safrane/Laguna? Who knows. I do know the 12v version was the old PRV Douvrin lump as beloved by 505, 604, 605, Volvo 760 and R25 ownerz.No BX V6 as the mid-size 'rep racer' V6 lump was a 90's invention. Chavalier was first out of the block I think (and 'cos this was an older and hence smaller and lighter design than the competition, it was something of a rocket), with the Mondeo and Laguna close behind. Peugeot decided to wait until the 406 to launch theirs, hence no 405 V6. In fact, probably Mazda were the first with the 2.5 V6 626GT of '92, a lovely car if there are any still about.

No BX V6 as the mid-size 'rep racer' V6 lump was a 90's invention.

At the risk of making myself sound like an arse:

Posted Image

Or a Corty 2300 if we want to labour the point!!

I dig what you're saying though, guess that company car tax rules favoured sub 2 litre kit in the mid 1980s and changes to the regime a decade later made the V6 lumps a better proposition?

Dammit men, you are right. I will play the 'FWD' card here and now though :lol: But yes, Alfa were probably there first. I had forgotten about the 155 mainly because the pre-widetrack job is reputed to be such a sack of shite.PS Camry's don't count as I've always thought of them as equivalent to Granadas etc, or else you could count the '88 V6 job.

I don't think I've ever witnessed a V6 Xantia as surely I'd have noticed it sounding throaty & I can't picture a Xantia sounding throaty! Mind you I don't recall hearing throaty Lagunas, 406s or any other medium car apart from mid size BMWs, Audis, Sierras, Mondeos, err think that's about it. But thinking back, if a Xantia can be had with a V6 imagine the evolution >>>>Xantia>>>>BX>>>>>GS/A - so how about a V6 GS/A ?? :shock: Yet the GS/A was so poorly covered engine wise I'm not even sure if they made it upto 1.5? Wasn't 1.3 or 1.4 the biggest? That makes a V6 Xantia sound absurd & overblown. Plus didn't the engines in these manufacturer's medium cars encroach their biggest cars? They'd have had the same engine wouldn't they & that would have meant the medium car would have surely been quicker than their flagship car?

Can someone please mention the V6 Kia Magentis please. The Sonata V6 too if necessary. both of them ultimately 2.7's, and really rather nice in a wafty sort of way. I think at one time, a Magentis was a 2.5, and the LX trim was on your drive for less than £12k when a Veccie 2.5 GLS would set you back £20k.

• 2 weeks later...

V6 Xantias are rocking horse poo over here. The only one i heard of belonged to the dad of a friend of mine, and that car came from a Citroen UK big-wig, so was probably special order. XM V6's are a bit more common, although the earlier one's did like to catch fire whenever they felt like it! As for 406's, we've got not one, but two in at the moment, and one of them has a manual box which must be quite a rarity on a vee six! 8)