New French shite on the drive

andrew e

Yes even though I have squashed two in the past, and am one knee down, I've splashed out on £200 of AX GT, very honest complete with retro dents for the full Parisanne scene tax :lol:

Sometime ex Practical classics car and recently subject to new belts and the head off, as well as gearbox rebuild. So its never been thrashed then.... :lol:

Posted Image

I'm please to announce it passed my local hump-back bridge test with flying colours :twisted:

Wow, that must be a very early example, perhaps even a Citroen UK launch car? Very unusual to see one with the steel rims and the charcoal bumpers/bodykit. Does it have the blank plugs for rear headrests? :)

Thats one pretty ax, I do prefer them with steel wheels. They are a great little motor , I've owned an Ax since they were first on sale in 1987 .The current hack is a 1.4 diesel with only168,000 on the clock and still going strong. As for putting a small block in it one of my race cars ( an Ax) has a 2.8 cologne in it and is rear wheel drive. Its chuffing great fun to drive on the grass :D:D .

Hey! That's my old car! I sold it to the ginger one from Practical classics...I wish i'd kept it! :cry:

Really :shock: My mate rescued it forlorne from the back of P.C.'s workshop, then used it as a staff car (well he was the deputy Ed!) I think the head came off and was ported by hand, and the gearbox was rebuilt. Wether it needed either or it had been thrapped is open to conjecture... Luckily he purchased it just before he was ejected after swapping publishers :lol: Any info or secret history I should know? I have no barrie intentions, just keep it stock.