£350 Alfa Romeo 156 Sportwagon V6 Veloce FOR SALE (bonus: dirty photos) NOW with clean but crarp pics

Guest Breadvan72

I've been running a 2.4 JTD Wagon as a daily for near 7 years now and as a 2003/53 is has the interior-lift and 5-speed.  The Torsen Q4 (3 diffs) can go straight into this one.

Last V6 I borrowed had the 6-speed and was fitted with a Q4 too.

No GM in 156.  Lots of Bosch though.

Why has this Bargainous funster not been bought yet???

I did loads of reading up before buying my 156. Everyone said go for the pre facelift car so obviously I bought the 20v facelift version. It has a GM gearbox, driveshafts, water pump etc which can all fail along with the usual suspension bushes that seem to need replacing every year or two. Mine's OK now but I did spend quite a bit on it initially. Good fun to drive, loads of power but has a firm ride and not that big inside. I have been considering selling it at some point but they don't seem to go for much secondhand. Yours seems good value. Would some new bushes in the linkage sort the gearchange issue?

The Alfa gearboxes are more highly regarded than the GM ones. Also, the 10v pre-facelift model is the one to get according to this discussion about the diesel models and I would agree.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-andamp-gt/146594-tips-on-buying-156-2-4-jtd-20v-mjet-veloce.html#/forumsite/20947/topics/146594?page=1

Guest Breadvan72

BTW, plastic side skirty thing a bit bent cos years ago my bro tried to jack the car up on it.  He realised the error and stopped before he hurt himself or the car.

Guest Breadvan72

I could poss lob over in SD1 (if not yet kersploded), but wd have to be Fri AM or Sat AM.   Cd do mega early Sat AM if need be, Friday MOAR tricky

Guest Breadvan72

Or possibly after seven this PM but that maywell  be tricky.    Ringz me up on my number, as sent by PM.